Total newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Denis
Recruit

Total newbie

Post by Denis »

Hi all

Well as the title suggests I am a total newbie

Living sunny Kent lol and recently retired from work so looking at something to occupy me whist wife is at work lol

Half way through building a Tamiya Scania rc truck

But liking the thought of a Tank and even getting involved in tank battles.

so first question (of many lol) is how do battles work if you get what I mean??

Many thanks for allowing me join and looking forward to getting into this hobby
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Total newbie

Post by BarryC »

Greetings Denis,

Welcome to the world of RC Tanks.

Someone here will certainly be answering your question. :)

I'm a builder not a battler so I will not attempt to talk about something I know next to nothing about but there are those here with years of experience to help guide you. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello Denis and welcome to the forum :wave: not sure if there's any tank meetings going ahead at the moment because of the covid situation but when the restrictions are lifted you could maybe pop along to a meeting ( not sure of the closest one to you ) but you will be able to get an idea of battling then :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Welcome along Denis, I’m not far from you in Kent/East Sussex.

Battles work well so long as you have two or more Tamiya equipped tanks. I believe you can now battle with Heng Long tanks but I’ve never tried.
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

My Challenger 2, T72, Tiger all made by Heng Long came with the optional battle function, I doubt my Challenger will now since I fitted the slip ring and made a mess of the wiring and connections lol. Since then I mostly run out the T72 and Tiger, this Christmas my youngest son got me a few figures. My wife will ask her best friend to ask her family in the Philippines to look some up, should be cheaper.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Denis!. :thumbup:
Trucks are also popular here too- especially military ones, incidentally- plus a range of other RC options. As for battling, Tamiya set the standard for RC battling, and others often try to make their models compatible with Tamiya battling protocols. How successful they are, I couldn't say- but most (?) aftermarket controller boards have built-in Tamiya battling options. Personally, like many others, I suspect, battling is not an option because of the scarcity of willing victims, opponents, or RC clubs. :D
For that reason, I like target practice with airsoft tanks. Doubtless, battling enthusiasts will fill you in on your future options. :thumbup: :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Denis,

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here. Tons of info and ideas here to ponder. Have a look around and enjoy!

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”