Hello and a Merry Christmas one and all.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Silverhotspur
Recruit

Hello and a Merry Christmas one and all.

Post by Silverhotspur »

Hello my name is Trevor and I live in Luton. I just bought an Heng Long Tiger 1. This is my first RC tank. I've been inspired by a former work colleague, who has numerous RC tanks. Looking forward to reading posts for more inspiration, help and advice. Merry Christmas to you all.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hello and a Merry Christmas one and all.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum Trevor :wave: nice first tank to start off with, plenty of upgrades available for the tiger and pretty roomy inside for when the hobby takes a grip and you want to change everything on it :haha: Merry Christmas to you also :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, and Merry Christmas, Trevor. :thumbup:
Given your friend's liking for RC tanks, perhaps he'd care to sign up too... :thumbup:
Luton- isn't that where they used to make hats? :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum, :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Easily the most popular first Tank in our hobby and for good reason, It is very good value for money especially with Heng Longs latest Version 6.0 control board and more upgrades available for it than for any other 1/16 r/c Tank,
Enjoy the Forum and do scan the menu because most of your questions have already been asked and you will find the answers with a little searching :thumbup:
You should know that Vauxhall Motors of Luton who obviously built a lot of Bedford Trucks for the British and Empire (And Soviet ) Armed Services during the War but they also designed and built in a record 89 days a 350 bhp engine for Armoured vehicles and were then commisioned to design and build a Tank with the ability to take on German Armour and lo and behold rolling off the former car production lines came the Churchill,
Yet another unsung British motor manufacturer.Who once was British owned then American and now French.
And they make Vans in Luton now, the cars come from Hailwood Merseyside and the Bedford truck has long gone,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Trevor,

A very belated welcome to the Forum. You've come to the right place. :thumbup: :wave:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Silverhotspur
Recruit

Post by Silverhotspur »

I have taken the plunge and bought another RC tank :D . This time a T34
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Of course! You have to feed your Tiger something.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”