Hello

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Topper
Corporal

Hello

Post by Topper »

Hello
Thought I would say hello.
I live in Lancashire, just about to take early retirement and am getting my Heng long Tiger 1's down from the loft.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hello

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello Topper and welcome to the forum :wave: blow the dust off those Tigers and put some pics up when you get a chance. The Tiger has more upgrades and goodies available for it than any other tank so take a look around the sub sections and you're sure to find something that you would like to do to them, beware though when this hobby takes hold it can eat away at your pension fund :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Thanks Lee
I attached 3 pics, would it be possible to upgrade to a rx18 ? are there kits available?
Thanks again
Frank
Attachments
Tiger 003.jpg
Tiger 003.jpg (56.85 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
Tiger 002.jpg
Tiger 002.jpg (64.78 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
Tiger 001.jpg
Tiger 001.jpg (63.39 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Frank, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I feel in this case it will be cruel to be kind and fob you off with the ease with which a Heng Long RX13 equipped Tank can be converted to an RX18,
People will try to help you but the truth is it is a pain and what you would gain for the effort frankly just is not worth it,
If you are intent on upgrading the electronics on your Tank from the 80s to the 2010s this is what i would do,
I would gut the RX13 including the inaccurate and soon to be redundant engine cover mounted aerial and the PCB beneath it and spend £70 approx on a Taigen V3 complete R/C upgrade,
It Contains in one box the V3 Control board,Updated Speaker, Smoker, Sound card (When ordering do specify Tiger 1), Transmitter and all wiring
There will be the very basic modicum of Soldering required but very little and not particularly challenging,
The product is available from Dave @
www.forgebeartanks.com,
You will then have a system that will provide a reasonable sound/smoke and R/C Tank that should with very little effort be simple to install and would have the added ability to convert to using an aftermarket digital Radio Transmitter if you got fed up with the new transmitter that is part of the V3 Upgrade.
That is one mans opinion I wait with interest anyone elses offering :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Frank, you have a nice collection of Tigers there, as Jarndice has already advised it would be wise to upgrade the electronics to a more up to date version such as the taigen v3 offering, personally I have not done this surgery on a Tiger but take a look in the heng long and electronics sections and I'm sure you'll find what you need to know in there and if not the folks here will help out where they can, contact ( Dave ) at forgebear tanks and you'll be in safe hands for your tanking fix :D :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Thank you gentlemen
Is this what I need https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p7 ... witch.html
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

thanks guys i have sent frank an email with the parts he may need to do this
dave
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Frank and welcome to the Forum.

That's a nice stable of Tigers there. Enjoy the incredible amount of info and help that this place has to offer.

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Thanks Eric
Two tigers run well, the unpainted tiger will not start the RX13 needs to be replaced, I might upgrade sometime in the new year.
I like your dog.
Regards
Frank
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Topper wrote:Thanks Eric
Two tigers run well, the unpainted tiger will not start the RX13 needs to be replaced, I might upgrade sometime in the new year.
I like your dog.
Regards
Frank
Who, this guy?! That's "My Boy", "The Big Boy", "Killer", "Bubzer", "Bru", or his real name Boje. He may or may not answer to any of them! :/ The picture was taken when he was 3 months old. He's now 5 and 1/2 years old. We've only had German Shepherds; and out of the 7 that we have had, he's the dumbest one yet. We love him dearly; but he's a 94 pound, "very special" child who still has that "derpy" look on his face.

He is however, part of the inspiration for fellow member Jimster's beautiful early Tiger 1 "Miss Leningrad". Other than that, his accomplishments and accolades are nil! :D

He is coasting through life on his good looks and is happy to have you as a member of his fan club! :haha:

Cheers,
Eric.
Attachments
Boje 2.jpg
Boje 2.jpg (72.7 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
Last edited by EAO on Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”