Another troublesome Brit, Evening all!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
BigbadDave
Recruit

Another troublesome Brit, Evening all!

Post by BigbadDave »

Hi All, I am new to this forum today, Dave from the UK (Suffolk) seeking advice due to biting off more than I can chew, happens regularly to me, you will get used to it.
I have been into R/C since I was given a radio controlled Knight rider when I was a wee laddee, 40 odd years of cars helicopters, drones and tanks for 20 years or so, used to old school tx/rx combo's so still struggling with the newer stuff that isn't plug and play, (DJI drones I love, they are sooo easy! Groan!) , currently have 7 tanks in various states and ages, mostly henglong, first edition tiger 1 and pershing, a nearly scrapped pantiger, leopard 2a6 (latest) an Abrams and a challenger 2, with a torro sturmtiger a taigen late tiger1 for good measure, tend to use Forgebear and Tankzone for parts and upgrades, although with the pandemic on going a lot of stuff seems to be out of stock at the mo.
My other hobby is motorcycles, (riding, restoration, sorting others bikes for them) so that takes up the summer months. I am married, (no2 and very happy) overweight and a cancer survivor (2004) with two nearly grown up kids and two grown up step kids.

I am really hoping that I can glean some much needed advice on set ups for later aftermarket control boards ibu2u and Clark TK40, using flysky 6 and 10 channel setups, as am getting in a pickle with what I am currently doing, so we will see, Hopefully my patience can outperform my temper! Was a fail today, finger xd for tomorrow !
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Another troublesome Brit, Evening all!

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! Sounds as if you’ll fit right in with us. That was a perfect introduction post and just let us know when you need help with anything. Images of your collection are always appreciated here.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome BBD!

This is an awesome group of folks here. They are very knowledgeable and willing share their experience and skills. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello again and welcome to the forum Dave :wave:

That was some introduction, but you missed out what you had for breakfast ;)

As for your IBU problems, may I ask where you purchased it from? Was it new?
And a word of advice. When it comes to Clark boards, you really would be better off purchasing them from one of our forum vendors, a Mr maxmekker in Norway, his after sales service is second to none on these boards, after all, he's regularly on this forum, and therefore always available for help and advice.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi and welcome along Dave. I have quite a few of the older ibu2 boards and a couple of the ibu2u boards but I use all of mine with a spektrum dx6e radio and the setup is pretty straightforward. I would say to you to keep persevering with it as when you get to grips with them they are great boards which offer a lot more than a stock tank mfu. The main man to talk to about these boards is Ian of 'rctankelectronics' or tankbear as he's known on the forum, he's a top bloke and supplies these boards and his after sales is also second to none, I highly recommend you contact him so you can get it sorted and start enjoying driving the tank instead of fixing it :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome Dave,

I commend you on your proper introduction! :thumbup: We have some commonalities with the motorcycles and confusion over modern electronics. Your sure to find the help you may need here. If it wasn't for this Forum and the great guys on it I'd still be looking at a shelf queen instead of putting my Tiger 1 through it's paces.

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
BigbadDave
Recruit

Post by BigbadDave »

Thanks for the welcome all, very kind, I shall continue my chat about the current ibu2u board on my post in tht section, keep it all in one place, cheers! BBD
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi BBD Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Being the GRUMPIEST Member of the Forum as SoG titled me it pleases me to see someone who with the merest whiff of a hint found this page and then showed us all what an introduction should be,
Well done he said with as much condescension as possible :thumbup: :haha: :haha:
Seriously I hope you enjoy this place,
There is a wealth of useful inforation to be found when you start to trawl these pages.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Oh contraire Mr jarndice, I had no-one in particular in mind when I stated that. As you are fully aware, on such matters, I was just as grumpy over lacking manners, but turning green on the inside caused me to have to adopt a more diplomatic approach. And I too can be rather condescending ;)
Although we have had a couple of intentionally rude new members that did need a lesson in manners in the past, luckily they've been few and far between.

Dave, when it comes to the wealth of useful information, Mr jarndice is rather handy with Tiger 1 and Panzer 3/4 information, as the faults with such supplied models make him very grumpy ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Oh contraire Mr jarndice, I had no-one in particular in mind when I stated that. As you are fully aware, on such matters, I was just as grumpy over lacking manners, but turning green on the inside caused me to have to adopt a more diplomatic approach. And I too can be rather condescending ;)
Although we have had a couple of intentionally rude new members that did need a lesson in manners in the past, luckily they've been few and far between.

Dave, when it comes to the wealth of useful information, Mr jarndice is rather handy with Tiger 1 and Panzer 3/4 information, as the faults with such supplied models make him very grumpy ;)
My Grandfather was described by my Grandma as cantankerous. Being youngsters we were often doing things to bring the wrath of Grandpa down on us...and deservedly so! That word was a little advanced for us young'uns so we just called him grumpy Grandpa. This he did not like!! :-< So all of us Grand kids put our pea sized brains together to come up with a better adjective. What we arrived at was "grizzled". I don't remember who called him that first, but it probably was on some sort of dare. He reacted angrily at first then gave a big belly laugh, shook his head and walked away chuckling. It wasn't long before we heard him using this word himself! When Grandma would yell at him to go out to his workshop and stop being cantankerous, he'd reply "I'm not cantankerous, I'm grizzled"!

Ah, fond memories and good times! ;)

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”