Hi

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
mike57
Recruit

Re: Hi

Post by mike57 »

not getting any voltage while pressing buttons on the controller, no voltage to either plug going to the smoke unit either, think it's a safe bet to say the board is shot, cheap chinese rubbish lol
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Shame, I was hoping for a simple solution for you.

You could always go on stealth manoeuvres lol.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

The worse thing about swapping to Taigen would be getting everything correct with the 8 pin plug at the main board and daughter board, and then in the turret. Everything else like motors, smoker and speaker would be self explanatory, although believe you need to swap the smoker unit.
Taken me ages to find these.
Attachments
1657319de2315a2b9ecf191194314b6b.png
cd82750b638124142eb19d5a2ab04ce7.jpg

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

Looks like I've ordered the wrong board, mine has 8+3+2 but I can directly wire the head and machine gun lights so thats not a problem, what I dont understand is my tank has 4 wires for the BB firing unit and the taigen only uses 3, I imagine one from each plug has to be connected together giving 3, but no idea which ones to join and there is no safety switch anywhere. I have bought a Taigen smoke unit so thats one problem solved. Also, I dont understand where the 3 pin channel wires go or are they not needed?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

There is something somewhere about eliminating a fourth wire.

As for getting the wrong daughter board. You may not have, these bloody things have changed a few times, it's hard to know whether we're coming or going.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Looks like the Taigen elevation and BB gun share a common live at that plug.

mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

how do I find out which is the live on each component, I'm assuming they have to be wired with correct polarity, and I have 6 wires for the bb, 2 elevation, 2 bb launch system and 2 for trigger, how do i get those down to 3???
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your electronic problems, I know next to nothing about this stuff. Without this group of guys I'd never have gotten my Taigen Tiger 1 switched over to an Elmod Fusion Pro board with all the user sounds added. It took a lot of head scratching and messaging but finally got it all set. My eternal thanks to all who helped me out! It's been a good twenty years since I last played with RC, and boy have things changed! Don't despair as I'm sure someone will come up with a remedy for the issues.

I'm not sure what to make of Sabaton's music, but their videos are very cool and well done. I really like your T-72 tank, having Joakim as the commander is a very nice touch. Besides RC tanks we seem to have a commonality in Music. My Wife and I are both 80's metal heads. My formative years were during the British Metal Invasion...Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Motorhead to name but a few. I eventually burned myself out over concerts, nearly seeing every hard rock or heavy metal band that came out on tour. But my Wife being a good Catholic girl (until we met @)) never got to see much in the way of live music. We have been making up for that now for the last 15 years or so. It's a shame Covid has put an end to the concerts for now. We have some great seats (not to mention expensive) for Rammstein, but will have to wait until next year to see them. Thankfully, they were able to reschedule. When we lived in Seattle I was lucky enough to train Sean Kinney's (drummer for Alice In Chains) German Shepherd. I also worked with Michael Wilton's Lab. He's the guitarist for Queensryche. I was never able to see the Scorpions as they never came close enough for me to go see them when I was a teen, my battered first and second cars would never make the trip. We saw them in 2018 in Dallas then again in 2019 in Oklahoma. In Dallas I was chatting with a guy about daily life and everyday stuff, little did I known he's the Scorpion's stage manager! He saw me in Oklahoma and set me up with a guitar pick from Rudolf, one from Matthias, and a drum stick from Mikkey Dee! He also took my phone backstage and took pictures of the famous black and white Flying V and striped Gibson Explorer 90. So that's my claim to fame!

Just a pic of me in front of the semi (tractor for you Brits I think?) of the Founder and President of the Iron Maiden Fan Club of America, 2017 Book Of Souls tour. They sounded as good as the first time I saw them in 1985 with the Power Slave Tour!

Well enough about music, and back to tanks. Good luck, I'm sure it'll get sorted out somehow! Perhaps sending a PM to Erik (Imex-Erik), could shed some light on things? He is the man when dealing with all things Taigen and has swapped and configured many things into and out these tanks.
Cheers,
Eric.
Attachments
800.jpeg
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

Thanks Eric, I've got it all installed and almost working, the cannon lowers but wont lift, everything else seems to be working fine, apart from the smoker, seems I've overfilled it!!
I only got into metal about 10 years ago, have seen quite a few bands live, going to Portugal next year to see Iron Maiden, have really missed concerts this year, but the tank has taken up a bit of time lol
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

That's good to hear Mike.

Yeah, those stock smokers are very sensitive. First thing I ditched on my Taigen. There are some very nice aftermarket units that work flawlessly and are nearly silent in operation.

I'd love to see Iron Maiden again with their Spitfire Mk V soaring over the stage! We were very lucky to get the seats we got for Rammstein as they sold out in minutes. So glad to have them reschedule for next year. I have a shirt that says "I may be old, but I've seen all the best bands!". I agree about the tanks, it was the one thing that made me smile this Summer during this whole crappy year.

Rock on and enjoy the forum and your tank!
Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”