New guy

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

New guy

Post by Biasphere1 »

Not new to modeling , new to this site.
Have just 3D printed a Flower class Corvette in 1/48.
Now looking to print some armour, I've always wanted a 1/6 or 1/8 scale King Tiger or Jagdpanther but chickened out at the cart stage on the web site every time .lol.
I have a 3D printer and am good to go. If you guys know of any armor STL files I would appreciate that knowledge.
There's a T-35A I have book marked
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3064387

If I can't find STL files of a big German cat.
Cheers guys.
Attachments
A lot of work tom do yet.
A lot of work tom do yet.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: New guy

Post by Jimster »

Welcome to the forum from Illinois. That’s a great looking ship you’ve made. Be sure to use the search engine for some good 3D printing threads.
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

Jimster wrote:Welcome to the forum from Illinois. That’s a great looking ship you’ve made. Be sure to use the search engine for some good 3D printing threads.
Cheers Jim , I've already got my snout in the 3D section mate. lol

Appreciated.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: You've printed a fine looking vessel there Biasphere1, looks like you have this printing malarkey under control :D look forward to seeing what armour you're going to tackle :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome Biasphere1,

That's some impressive ship! You guys and your 3D printers blow my tiny mind! I have no clue how they work but I'm pretty much mesmerized by the resulting products. I'm almost sure it's some form of alien intelligence bequeathed to us lowly mortals!

If you were to ask my wife, she'd tell you it doesn't take much to blow my mind! Probably correct given my confusion and issues with transmitters, Elmod boards, user sounds, airbrushing, weathering, etc, etc, etc,.

Sorry, once again I digress. Have a look around, someone's always doing something cool that's sure to blow your mind (or at least my mind)! Lots of great members here to answer any questions that come up, do enjoy!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

EAO wrote:Welcome Biasphere1,

That's some impressive ship! You guys and your 3D printers blow my tiny mind! I have no clue how they work but I'm pretty much mesmerized by the resulting products. I'm almost sure it's some form of alien intelligence bequeathed to us lowly mortals!

If you were to ask my wife, she'd tell you it doesn't take much to blow my mind! Probably correct given my confusion and issues with transmitters, Elmod boards, user sounds, airbrushing, weathering, etc, etc, etc,.

Sorry, once again I digress. Have a look around, someone's always doing something cool that's sure to blow your mind (or at least my mind)! Lots of great members here to answer any questions that come up, do enjoy!

Cheers,
Eric.
Mate they're just plug and play , honestly if I can make one work anybody can. Sure there's been times when I go "why isn't it working " or "why did that just happen" but honestly all that was on me , I made a mistake or missed a tech input option.
Seriously it's drop dead simple do as the menu asks and it will work out well. I learn every day with it as well.
Late reply as I didn't post for a few months.
Cheers.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Welcome, the 3D printing sounds very interesting
Regards,
Jaap :wave:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”