New to Forum

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Hartley
Recruit

New to Forum

Post by Hartley »

Hello, I have been building model tanks for about 50 odd years, starting with Airfix 1/72 scale kits as a small boy, then getting older I moved onto the Tamiya 1/35 scale and more recently I have built 1/6 scale kits. I have a collection of WW2 1/6 figures mostly german, I still have my action man figures from my childhood. I enjoy researching about the equipment and weapons of the second world war and have a selection of books on the subject. I have had small scale remote control tanks before but 1/16 scale is a new scale for me as I have always wanted to have a larger sclae RC tank. I have just started modifying a Heng Long Tiger 1 tank adding various details and it is waiting to be painted.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: New to Forum

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! The Tiger 1 is my favorite tank and you should have a blast detailing and painting yours. Post pictures when you get time.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hartley Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Your journey into penury starts here Enjoy the ride :lolno:
Please ask all the questions that you have,
Always remembering the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. :shh:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along Hartley
I’m a fan of 1/6 scale stuff, any chance of you sharing some pictures of your tanks?
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Hartley!
The description of your interests, in the last half century, suggests you'll be a perfect match for the Forum. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Hartley,

Welcome aboard! Great place to see very cool things, and also learn some amazing tips. My fun would be very less enjoyable without the help and advice of many of the great members here. They've saved my butt many a time!

I too am a fan of Tiger 1's. It's the only tank in my arsenal as of right now. Not much to look at being mostly stock, but I've got the internal upgrades done right. Post some pics when you can. We like to ogle things here....a lot!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”