Just finished the un-boxing of my first tank.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
steve150338
Recruit

Just finished the un-boxing of my first tank.

Post by steve150338 »

I just un-boxed my new Heng Long M1A2, and finished up assembling the do-dads and stickers (boy does that owners manual need help).
Had a broken track connector rod, but they sent 3 extra, so that must happen often.
Waiting for the battery to finish charging, to give it a good test run.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Just finished the un-boxing of my first tank.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Try to post a photo of your new acquisition, Steve, if you can, and then tell us what attracted your to RC tanks :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Steve :wave:

What do you mean by track connector rod?

Let us know if all works well.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
steve150338
Recruit

Post by steve150338 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:The cleats(track) are metal, and the pin(rod) that holds them together was broken.
The cleats(track) are metal, and the pin(rod) that holds them together was broken.
steve150338
Recruit

Post by steve150338 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Try to post a photo of your new acquisition, Steve, if you can, and then tell us what attracted your to RC tanks :thumbup:
I haven't been able to upload anything, the site only allows 315 kib size pictures, and I don't know how to get it down that small.
The Fool
Recruit

Post by The Fool »

steve150338 wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:Try to post a photo of your new acquisition, Steve, if you can, and then tell us what attracted your to RC tanks :thumbup:
I haven't been able to upload anything, the site only allows 315 kib size pictures, and I don't know how to get it down that small.

I'm not too sure about that, pretty sure I've posted larger images. But to test, I'll try posting a 500KB image

Success! If it don't work for you, try this, all I did was upload the image to Imgur.com, copy the image link and past it using the Img command visible on top of your text body when writing a post

I gotta Henglong Panzer lll Ausf L, she real purty.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Sounds like a track pin.
Each track link will have a pin that joins them all together.
If so, those are fairly easy to get hold of.
If the pin is fine but it has blown the eye out of the track link that it runs through, all you need is a link.
Hope thats a bit of a help ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

steve150338 wrote:
It's actually 351KB, Steve- but if you're using a Mac, you can resize the photo in 'Preview'. There's a similar option in Windows 10. Or, you can use Imgur. I do. Others use Tapatalk when posting from a 'smart' 'phone.
In Imgur,- as below- you don't even need to use the 'img' option in the RCTW toolbar. I've found that if you simply click 'Copy' from the 'Imgur' right-hand options (two from the bottom),
you can just click 'paste' in your browse 'edit' toolbar, and the pic will appear after the cursor- wherever that happens to be in your post.
That's using 'Safari' anyway, it might be different with other browsers.
Yes, as per other comments, it sounds like you have broken track pins. I'd say, that's quite unusual in the main.
Anyway, do tell us a little bit about yourself. Even the country you're in will help, in order to tailor recommendations. :thumbup: :wave:
Edit:
Oh, yes, the max pixel figure should be less than 350 KB, to be on the safe side- that equates to, roughly: 1920w X 1080 pixels h
Quite what compression tech Imgur uses to display images here that are manifestly larger, on the face of it, than those posted directly from a PC, I don't know. :|
However, photos that have been posted at, or near, the 351kb max will magically increase in size when clicked on. Don't ask me why.
Anyway, I often leave the reminder 'click to ENLARGE' on pics I post, as some other members do.
Clicking on an Imgur image will not enlarge it. It's already as big as it can be. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
steve150338
Recruit

Post by steve150338 »

20200919_225954174_iOS.jpg
Okay. Let's see if this works.
I am in New Hampshire USA, and have done r/c cars, trucks, 1/4 scale buggy, and a drone. Tanks seem interesting and do not go at break neck speeds, so breaking things should be lesser.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I wouldn’t count on that
It’s your tank it’s what you make it

Return to “Introduce Yourself”