Introducing myself

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Shiltontim
Recruit

Introducing myself

Post by Shiltontim »

Hi.

Just got my first RC tank (Taigen Panther G metal upgrade BB version), so inevitably I have lots of questions. Have been into RC for several years though. I fly helicopters and planes and am a member of New Hay Flying Tigers club at Paddock Wood, Kent. I also have an RC speedboat, a sail boat and cars. I also have a hornby 00 train layout running DCC.

Probably not so interesting to members of this forum but I also sing, play guitar and harmonica. I also play tennis and love watching footie.

Nominally I am the CEO of a small pharmaceutical development company but have pretty much retired.

Looking forward to talking to some of you in due course.

Cheers Tim
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Introducing myself

Post by jarndice »

Tim Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You seem to be an exact fit for the Forum and you could only improve things if you confessed to a lifelong love of Motorcycles,
Guitars :thumbup: Acoustic Electric or both ???
Some of us have dabbled in that particular murky pond others are semi or better professional
I wait in anticipation for you to expound further on that subject anytime you wish :haha:
Of course we will help with any Questions you might have and who knows someone here might actually have an almost correct answer :lolno:
Enjoy what is now Your Forum :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome sir!

Very nice introduction, you'll find that many members here will confess to other passions and interest. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Afternoon, Tim, and welcome!
It seems that you'll have plenty to occupy yourself with, when the 'semi-retired' lifestyle becomes the 'happily past it' variety. :D At the same time, I'll second old Jarndice's assessment of the typical member's CV: there's definitely a pattern there, often including Motorbikes. (...Perhaps that should be 'HV", for 'Hobbies Vitae' :) ).
I play the guitar (various styles), bass, drums and a few other instruments and sing- when I have to, in order to further a fifty-year interest in multi-track recording (and songwriting). Some performing too.. :shh:
I tried tennis as well, but after the ex-wife beat me, when she was 8 months pregnant with our first child, I went back to the table variety (where her 'bump got in the way :lolno: ). :/

Right now, I'm loving the virtual tour of France offered by 'Le Tour' and, like you., can enjoy game of footie. But, it's really not the same without the crowd's contributions. :thumbdown:
Do tell us more about your aims in tracked and wheeled modelling. :thumbup:
By the by, If we need any pharmaceutical advice, we will know who to come to now. :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”