Smartest Florida Man almost gets an LED light working

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
The Fool
Recruit

Smartest Florida Man almost gets an LED light working

Post by The Fool »

As the title and username suggests, I am from Florida, and very new to this hobby, with next to no knowledge of anything. So far my greatest accomplishment in my quest to fix a preowned 1/16 Henglong Panzer lll Ausf L My Grandfather bought me is to briefly have the LED on the Remote light up, and I almost electrocuted myself in the process. So yeah, I'm pretty much a pro at this already.

Some notes about me, since I think that's how you do introductions.

Florida man born and raised, I've left the state twice, both times for funerals. Which means I can say with certainty I've spent more time staring at my 1/16 Panzer lll, than time spent outside the US State of Florida.

As the profile picture suggests, I like spiders. Entomology is one of my hobbies, that particular one is a beautiful Golden Orb Weaver that I've adopted as my own, she's shrank down a bit, but at her greatest extent she was a Beastly 4 inches long. I also had another Orb Weaver that lived by my Grill, she tragically disappeared after a recent thunderstorm. There are also a bunch of Black and Brown Widows, Wolf and Huntsmen Spiders, and a variety of others like Orchard Weavers and Jumping Spiders. And an unknown killer, who I only know exists because I find their work, which are groups of 2-11 dead cockroaches, untouched, uneaten. Creepy, but appreciated, I guess.

If the near electrocution was enough evidence, I am quite adept at finding unique was of injuring myself, for example, I somehow stuck a knife up my nose while cutting dinner a few days ago, which I think is what's been causing a recent uptick of nosebleeds.

RC Tanks is a new hobby of mine, obviously, my previous hobbies are the already mentioned Entomology, Scale Models, which I suck at. Gaming, which I'm good at. A brief decent into fishing, my first catch was a pufferfish and I was a little child, I panic'd when it started inflating in my hand, and I ended up kicking it like a football back into the water before an adult could intervene. Various collecting, I had quite the collection of NASCAR Hotwheels, but my brother had PICA, and ate most of the tires long ago. The nerve of some babies. At least he spared Earnhardt. And tragically, I was diagnosed with having the Weeaboo back around 2013.

I'm gonna wrap this up real quick, in the middle of writing this, my cat chased a Wolf Spider into the kitchen, not a big deal were it nor for the fact she has hundreds of babies that are now spreading out everywhere. I like spiders, but that's a bit much. So I've got some rounding up to do, so yeah, nice to meet y'all!
I gotta Henglong Panzer lll Ausf L, she real purty.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Smartest Florida Man almost gets an LED light working

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard and that was a quite an introduction! I think spiders are cool but my wife not so much.
Be sure your transmitter batteries are fresh and remember to fully charge your tank battery. Low batteries can make things a bit wonky.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening from the snowy fastnesses of the Rocky Mountains,
Welcome to the Forum! Pics of your tank when you get the chance. We love to chat and kick the virtual road wheels around here.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
The Fool
Recruit

Post by The Fool »

Jimster wrote:Welcome aboard and that was a quite an introduction! I think spiders are cool but my wife not so much.
Be sure your transmitter batteries are fresh and remember to fully charge your tank battery. Low batteries can make things a bit wonky.
Each one individually tested sir. It's something internal
PainlessWolf wrote:Good evening from the snowy fastnesses of the Rocky Mountains,
Welcome to the Forum! Pics of your tank when you get the chance. We love to chat and kick the virtual road wheels around here.
regards,
Painless

There she is, sitting on a Leap Frog stepstool, which has been my trusty maskeshift lift for a while. That thing is far sturdier than it has any right being. And here's an Album of every image on my Laptop of it currently.

Oh, and an update, caught the spider, vacuumed up about 80% of her babies, and put them back outside, with any luck they'll be fine, though a couple babies live under my icebox now.
I gotta Henglong Panzer lll Ausf L, she real purty.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr.fool :D for a second I thought that I was reading the auto biography of the American version of Mr.Bean :haha: I hope the site can live up to your eventful every day life ;) but nevertheless enjoy your time here :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

????????! Or, Ohayougozaimasu! Mr Weeaboo. :thumbup:
Thanks for the satirical, and entertaining intro- it was certainly more fulsome than the majority we get here. I must say, vacuuming spiders up wouldn't be top of my daily chores list- as I'm apt to keep spiders outside the house. Arachnids don't revolt me, but I'm never likely to be a fan. 8O In fact, if I could rid the world of Ticks I'd be a happy man :problem: :D
Anyway, I don't imagine that even you would like to find a Funnel-Web underneath your toilet seat. :O Still, that's an Aussie issue, as they have some of the most deadly critters on Earth to live with, or tolerate, (or even love- for some). :) In Scotland, we only have the dread mighty Midge to watch out for- and ticks , of course. No-one keeps those, willingly...that I know of.

I imagine you could find a spider to weave some pretty impressive camo netting for your Panzer 3. Before that, though, perhaps you could tell us what your aims are for the new hobby- beyond electrocution, that is! (Not recommended) ;)
edit: an unwanted 'than' in line two. Note to self: 8/10- see me.
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Your missive/Tome/Box set :lolno: Got me thinking that a good dusting of some of my Armour is long overdue,
If you have any questions (About r/c Armour or Trucks) we are here for you but please do not limit yourself to just that,
Do get involved in any thread that catches your eye, I should warn you that much to the displeasure of those barbarians who watch over us it is rare indeed that a thread stays on topic :haha: :haha:
Apropos of nothing at all I once had a Bird Eating Spider walk across my face :thumbdown:
That was something that the Training staff forgot to mention when I joined the Regiment :think:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome sir!

Spiders.. 8O if they are in the house they are about to die!

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

43rdRecceReg wrote:I don't imagine that even you would like to find a Funnel-Web underneath your toilet seat. :O Still, that's an Aussie issue
Here is one that turned up on our job site a few months ago. Just glad she didn't make a home in our gumboots. Our female traffic controller soon put an end to it.

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Give ya the tip Mr E, if that was on my site, the acidic coating of s#%t it would have found itself covered in from me tearing of into the distance would have stopped it dead anyway !! :wtf:

For now around here its Eastern Browns & Sand Goanna's that are getting about like they have been resting for months..............oh yeah, they actually have been :/ 8O ..............(I hate central west Qld !!)

Spiders, like snakes, are just an unnecessary addition to Australia's(and the worlds for that matter) list of things to avoid.!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Introduce Yourself”