Smartest Florida Man almost gets an LED light working

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
The Fool
Recruit

Re: Smartest Florida Man almost gets an LED light working

Post by The Fool »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum Mr.fool for a second I thought that I was reading the auto biography of the American version of Mr.Bean :haha: I hope the site can live up to your eventful every day life but nevertheless enjoy your time here

Cheers, Lee.
Aha, tragically, my life is not as eventful as an over the top introduction can make it appear. I can say for certain that no tanks have ever destroyed my property while I was enjoying some delectable sweets. A Black Hawk dang near clipped my trees though. So close enough, I guess?

43rdRecceReg wrote:????????! Or, Ohayougozaimasu! Mr Weeaboo.
Thanks for the satirical, and entertaining intro- it was certainly more fulsome that than the majority we get here. I must say, vacuuming spiders up wouldn't be top of my daily chores list- as I'm apt to keep spiders outside the house. Arachnids don't revolt me, but I'm never likely to be a fan. 8O In fact, if I could rid the world of Ticks I'd be a happy man
Anyway, I don't imagine that even you would like to find a Funnel-Web underneath your toilet seat. Still, that's an Aussie issue, as they have some of the most deadly critters on Earth to live with, or tolerate, (or even love- for some). In Scotland, we only have the dread mighty Midge to watch out for- and ticks , of course. No-one keeps those, willingly...that I know of.

I imagine you could find a spider to weave some pretty impressive camo netting for your Panzer 3. Before that, though, perhaps you could tell us what your aims are for the new hobby- beyond electrocution, that is! (Not recommended) ;)
I aim to please, now I often miss, but still the efforts there. And I agree, Ticks are the scourge of any walk involving tall grass, I'm fairly merciful when it comes to insects, but Ticks, Mosquitoes, and Cockroaches are among the few groups that face immediate execution if stumbled upon.

I gave this answer to another person who told me that I spoke very casually about their worst nightmare, that being spiders in the house. But the way I see it, here in Rural Florida, you don't get a choice on whether or not you get some Arthopoda roommates, when the rain comes, and it never doesn't, they let themselves in through every crack there is. What you can control more or less is who gets to stay. And with that I choose my spiders and scorpions, who yeah, are a bit creepy looking, but are fairly clean, and ruthlessly slaughter filth and disease spreading pests like the aforementioned scum of the earth, Cockroaches. In an environmentally friendly way, no pesticides needed!

I'll agree again though, Funnel Webs are some creepy buggers, even by Spider standards. Their fangs almost seem comically large relative to it's body. But that's Australia for you, Florida is sometimes called America's Australia, but there's a reason we're called that, rather than Australia being called Oceania's Florida. We basically have everything they have, only ours are smaller and less dangerous, a 12 foot Alligator will make me reconsider a swim, but an 18 Foot Saltie would make me reconsider a Yacht ride. The same rings true for spiders, our Huntsmen have nothing on theirs. The only ground I'd say we challenge them on is Snakes, Eastern Brown or Tiger Snake, Cottonmouth or Rattlesnake, Coral's, Adders, and Taipans, they'll all either kill you, or make you wish they did. But even then, dang Aussies probably got us beat if it came down to it. Funnily, or not so funnily enough, we also got the same issue in that Cane Toads are killing both our fauna in droves. To the point my animal loving Uncle had to build a Gas Chamber just to dispatch all the Cane Toads coming in and poisoning his dogs. There were just that many.

Had to look up what a Midge was, looks like they're pretty close to our No See Ums, with some Mosquito mixed in. Quite the unholy combination.

They probably could, Spider silk is 5 times tougher than Steel, so especially for scale models, you could make some tough detailing with that, though if my spiders started making things from their silk for me, I'd probably go with something more fun, like a Ballistic Vest, or maybe I'd just prank people by having my little spider minions web off doors and porches, hehe.

As for aspirations, for now, what you see is what you get, I'm completely focused on getting this thing running, as for after that, even if I fail, I'll stick around the hobby, Tanks are too cool to just ditch, and seeing the stuff y'all make is pretty nuts. But my own will probably be doomed to sit as shelf pieces. At most driven in small circles around a room for guests, Which seems just a bit depressing a fate for an RC Tank.

jarndice wrote:Welcome to the Forum
Your missive/Tome/Box set :lolno: Got me thinking that a good dusting of some of my Armour is long overdue,
If you have any questions (About r/c Armour or Trucks) we are here for you but please do not limit yourself to just that,
Do get involved in any thread that catches your eye, I should warn you that much to the displeasure of those barbarians who watch over us it is rare indeed that a thread stays on topic
Apropos of nothing at all I once had a Bird Eating Spider walk across my face
That was something that the Training staff forgot to mention when I joined the Regiment :think:

There's never was such a thing as too much dusting, or perhaps there is, and I'm just saying that because dusting was my chore growing up, and I wanna feel more important than my brothers who got the Vacuum and Broom, who knows.

I do not intend to limit myself, good sir, I may not have much time to devote to it anymore(Exactly zero minutes in the time between my last post and this one). But I grew up on Off Topic forums, so a post's topic is merely a suggestion that I will usually stick to, but feel no obligation to do so, as seen above, where I managed to fit a short rant about the similarities between Australian and Floridian Wildlife into my introduction post on a forum dedicated to RC Tanks.

Never got to see a Bird Eater up close, seen plenty of pictures though, I find the fact it wouldn't even fit into my usual spider trapping device quite concerning.

BarryC wrote:Welcome sir!

Spiders.. 8O if they are in the house they are about to die!

Barry

I ain't one to tell you how to you should live your life, but a word of advice, if they're in your house, it usually means they've found something to feed on, so if they're not in the way or anything, maybe look the other way every once and a while. It could save you a visit from the Exterminator.

And that wraps up my post for tonight, I've spent more time here talking about spiders than tanks, not that I'm complaining. It's a fun distraction from the tedium of working on this thing, especially when you know deep in your mind that you're gonna have to buy some new parts, but you reeeeaaaallllyyy don't wanna admit it.
I gotta Henglong Panzer lll Ausf L, she real purty.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Great introduction, it sounds like you are mad as some of us here, so will fit in just nicely here
Welcome
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Spiders and snakes, ooh my! I like snakes, even been nailed by a rattle snake. Ahh nature! It was pretty cool...looking back at it. Spiders, not too bad, until they get big enough to be hairy, then I have to draw the line.

Welcome aboard, I can sympathize with you on most everything electronic and computerized. If it wasn't for the guys on here, I'd still be staring at the innards of my tank with a dull, glazed look in my eyes and drool dripping from my lips. It really wasn't pretty at all. Trust me, you're in the right place!

Glad to have you aboard,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”