Tamiya KV-1

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Woody01
Recruit

Tamiya KV-1

Post by Woody01 »

Hello everyone online forums are new to me.I’m from Brisbane Australia I have 4-5 second hand Tamiya Tanks that I tinker around with.I recently started to build a Tamiya KV-1 & last night got up to the part where you install the electric’s.Everything sounded fine on the bench forward/reverse cannon up/down etc.But when I installed it into lower hull & connected it to the motors.There was no power transferred when I pushed forward or reverse.It does kick when you fire the cannon.But doesn’t drive.It does rev up.Where have I gone wrong?.I’m using a Turnigy 9X controller if that helps.Image
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Tamiya KV-1

Post by Ad Lav »

Welcome :)

KV1 is the same as the Pershing, has a clutch/handbrake system fitted so you can’t drive it until this is disengaged.

Check the manual and rev fully in reverse with left trim flicked down to disengage.
Woody01
Recruit

Post by Woody01 »

So glade you got back to me.I have a Pershing too but it was purchased second hand.Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.I’m at work now & will give it a try when I get home.once again thanks very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum woody :wave: sounds like you're off to a flying start owning 4-5 tamiyas. Taking Adlav's advice would be very wise about reading the manual as he has built or owned nearly every tamiya tank kit offerings, I have their pershing tank and as mentioned you need to engage the clutch system on this one also before it will drive. This can be confusing if not known beforehand as nearly all their other tanks drive from startup :crazy: Hope you can now enjoy getting your Kv rolling :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Woody01
Recruit

Post by Woody01 »

So my Tamiya Pershing is set up so you push the stick forwards all the way once.Then second time you push it forwards it drives.Can I get the KV-1 to engage the clutch the same way?

Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Yes, but should be in reverse if setup as per manual. Depends how you drive your tanks though :)
Woody01
Recruit

Post by Woody01 »

So you’ve built nearly all the Tamiya Tank hey?
I may need to keep you close to me.I recently bought 11 tanks nib.With the second hand ones I have.I should have 14 of the 16 available with sound systems.The KV-1 is my first build straight from the box.I still have 10 to go.Only ones I didn’t get or have are Panzer IV & Panther.I did buy a second hand Sherman M4 for $200 & gave it good one over.I will upload a before & after shot of my Sherman.Image

Woody01
Recruit

Post by Woody01 »

This my first overhaul of a second hand tank I bought for $200.It came complete with all the missing parts in a box.I spent about $130 on paint & decals.only thing I didn’t get working was the machine gun & lights.Thought after I build a few tanks I’ll have the skills to go back & get them working.But maybe the forum can help me with those things.I did add some Value Gear on the back.It came semi working & still had the communication cable in the box wrapped in factory plastic.I could see were the person who originally built it had given up & took over from there.The Sherman was a nice first tank to build!

Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice collection!

I started rc tank life with a Tamiya Sherman and Tiger I. Easy tanks to build.
Woody01
Recruit

Post by Woody01 »

Hey thanks I’ll upload my Tiger 1,King Tiger & Pershing.Image
I was in the North Brisbane Rc Tank club 5-6 years ago for 6 months.I mothballed all my tanks.I knew the RC Tanks had potential.I only came back to it in February.But when I came back to it my tank where just as good as the day I put them away.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”