New guy here !!!!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
cascabel
Recruit

New guy here !!!!

Post by cascabel »

Found this forum, and looking for some help with wiring. Apparently somebody got offended that I did not introduce myself !! Anyhow, I have a few tanks, and am interested in upgrading. I have been around mechanical things for a great many years, having retired from the airline industry after nearly 40 years. Anything else anybody wants to know about me, feel free to ask, I am quite friendly......
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: New guy here !!!!

Post by Jimster »

Nobody was offended but we are all asked upon joining to tell where in the world we are from and a friendly introduction. It really does assist folks with being able to offer the best advice and info possible which could depend on maybe where you live (for possible vendor info) and what experiences you have related to understanding our hobby. We’re really a great bunch of helpful people.
cascabel
Recruit

Post by cascabel »

I was somewhat taken aback by what seemed to be an unfriendly attitude, but no harm done !!! I got to this forum from a link sent to me by a friend, and was unfamiliar with the protocols on this site. Anyhow, now that I have a bit more time to respond, here is more about me. I am a long time aircraft metal worker and machinist and welder, and have been retired from that field for a good while. I am also a part-time actor, and gunsmith on antique guns, costume maker, and dabble in quite a few other endeavors. I am in the U.S. in the Atlanta area.
Last edited by cascabel on Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That’s awesome. Just sent my Uberti 1860 Army to smith in Marietta to get it all slicked up. Small world. Your other interests fit the description of a historic reenactor.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

cascabel wrote:I was somewhat taken aback by what seemed to be an unfriendly attitude, but no harm done !!! I got to this forum from a link sent to me by a friend, and was unfamiliar with the protocols on this site.
First, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I am so pleased that no harm was done, (English Sarcasm),
When I first join an organisation my initial action is to say "Hi there, I am Shaun from the UK and i have been interested in joining this Forum for a little while because I have a long term interest in R/C" etc.
What I do not do is metaphorically knock on a total strangers front door and demand the use of their lawnmower and then be affronted when I get the "Finger" instead of the lawnmower. :thumbdown:
As you see having gone through the nicety's we are really quite helpful and I hope this minor blip can be swiftly forgotten and this relationship grows into a long and fruitful friendship.
Heng Long have recently totally revised their electronics (For the better)and some of us are still coming to terms with it while others among us are still dabbling with Crystal powered Heng Long R/C Armour and all the many and various revised control boards inbetween :haha:
So onwards and upwards,
Enjoy this place it really is quite friendly Honestly. :haha:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Hi Cascabel, welcome to the forum! Is the KT your first RC tank? Do you have others? Why did you buy this one?

A lot of us are around your age, and are likely to be doing this for the same reasons you are, if you care to share them.

Enjoy your time here and we like to see photos of what you are doing, no matter what the standard of work.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Welcome mr cascabel. I don’t believe anyone was offended but I doubt you would help a guy who knocked on your door wearing a balaclava without first asking who they are or to remove it so you can see who they are. Same principle here. the introduction page is for the new members to Remove those balaclava. We all had to do it
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Cascabel!

That's quite a range of interests you have there. I'm also intesested in weaponry (fully functional)- specfically WW1 and WW2 small arms. My son keeps the collection in Switzerland, and were it not for the ongoing global pestilence, I'd have a few weeks each year on the luger, Walther P38, lee-Enfield MK IV... and so on. :) We're not trusted with weapons (beyond the headbutt), here in Scotland >:< :/ ) though I have a licensed Walther air rifle. Alway fancied firing a flintlock, or the Redcoat's famous Brown Bess musket :D
When you sort out the KT, we'll award you with an Oscar for the best supporting re-enactor :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
cascabel
Recruit

Post by cascabel »

Where I am in the US, we can have pretty much any weapon we want. I have quite a lot of them, and can legally carry concealed. Many that I have are modern, and I have quite a lot of antiques also. I also build my own reproduction flintlock weapons, and make my own swords. I do a lot of reenacting as a pirate, and an Old West character. I am a headliner at pirate festivals here in the US, and appear all over the country in character. Unfortunately, all of the events I participate in have been cancelled since Spring, due to the Corona Virus. Hopefully things will resume next year

Return to “Introduce Yourself”