Hi - I need some help my old tanks moving

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Hi - I need some help my old tanks moving

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hello grek2000: Like the others, I would encourage you to keep communicating with these helpful folks and upgrade your tanks. I understand that it is scary to do so when the tanks are unfamiliar, but, hey, even I learned how to do so years ago. :)

I have all the crystal numbers, 1 through10, from when I had HengLong tanks, and I would be happy to send them to you, but the cost of shipping them from the US would be greater than buying a new pair of crystals for each tank. In fact, it might be greater than the cost of upgrading the tanks. Anyway, if you do want to buy crystals, they are not too expensive. Here's an example from a shop in Germany:

https://heng-long-panzer.de/en/RC-Elect ... -Crystals/

Whatever you choose, do not become discouraged and give up. All these tanks can be repaired and made to run smoothly, and the help you need is right here on this discussion forum.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Like I said before, ABC tanks only work with ABC controllers.

Crystal tanks only work with Crystal controllers.

But you should be able to use any of your crystal controllers with any of your crystal tanks, providing the two crystals are the same number, and the one in the controller has Tx and the one in the tank has Rx.

I once purchased a Bulldog with 01 in the controller, and 03 in the tank. I just bought a pair of crystals with a different number than I already had.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
grek2000
Recruit

Post by grek2000 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Like I said before, ABC tanks only work with ABC controllers.

Crystal tanks only work with Crystal controllers.

But you should be able to use any of your crystal controllers with any of your crystal tanks, providing the two crystals are the same number, and the one in the controller has Tx and the one in the tank has Rx.

I once purchased a Bulldog with 01 in the controller, and 03 in the tank. I just bought a pair of crystals with a different number than I already had.
Thanx for a reply. Thats I want to do in my free time. Buy a pair of crystal for panzer 3 .

Thank you for reply.

If I would not ask you I will never know why the tanks does not work. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

We still don't know if they work until you try them. You can move the crystals from tank to tank to find out if the tanks work before spending any money :thumbup:

You're welcome :thumbup:
It is probably best to see these tanks function, and find out if they all work or not. Then when you see the old electronics are lacking with accurate or smooth control, then consider upgrading if you feel this hobby is for you, and you want to spend lots of money on it ;)

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

This is possibly a stupid question, but have you tried the Tx with the 01 crystal with the tank with the 01 crystal?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
grek2000
Recruit

Post by grek2000 »

two tanks are working

walker bulldog is working with 01 controller from panzer and pershing

Panzer has wrong controller 3 and 1 crystals
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

grek2000 wrote:two tanks are working

You can now take one of the 01 crystals out of one of the working tanks and fit it in the Panzer. Remove the 03 Crystal to replace it with an 01 then try the the two crystal controllers with it to see if the panzer now works :thumbup:

grek2000
Recruit

Post by grek2000 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
grek2000 wrote:two tanks are working

You can now take one of the 01 crystals out of one of the working tanks and fit it in the Panzer. Remove the 03 Crystal to replace it with an 01 then try the the two crystal controllers with it to see if the panzer now works :thumbup:

Thats good idea

But all three tanks will be working with one controller.

Yesterday evening when I was swiching off bulldog pershing start on. Little mess.

But the idea to start panzer with 1 crystal is good.

I have abc switch underneath each tank whats that for..

Thanks

Greg
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

grek2000 wrote:

Thats good idea

But all three tanks will be working with one controller.

Yesterday evening when I was swiching off bulldog pershing start on. Little mess.

I have abc switch underneath each tank whats that for..

Thanks

Greg
And that is one very good reason to upgrade to 2.4 Digital because you will not mistakenly crash a Tank on the same frequency because there is no conflict of frequencies in 2.4 digital :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

grek2000 wrote:1, But all three tanks will be working with one controller.

2, Yesterday evening when I was swiching off bulldog pershing start on. Little mess.

3, I have abc switch underneath each tank whats that for..

Thanks

Greg
One, this way you will find out whether the Panzer actually works.

Two, make sure you turn off tanks when not in use.

Three. I mentioned something about this earlier in this thread. They changed the three position ABC switch to a two position on off switch for a smoker when they changed to crystals.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”