Hello World!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
The Porsche Tiger
Recruit

Hello World!

Post by The Porsche Tiger »

Hello rctankwarfare! My name is Bobby and I am 13. This Christmas I'm getting a 1/16 Taigen JS-2 and I'm planning on upgrading it with a TK80S main board, get a Turnigy 9x, and get a Hobby King HKT6A V2 receiver for it. And one last thing, is this a good setup for this tank?
The Porsche Tiger
Recruit

Re: Hello World!

Post by The Porsche Tiger »

Now that I think about it, I should get a Heng Long King Tiger with the Porsche Turret.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Welcome Bobby!! You sound just like my youngest son who's currently debating between the two & can't decide between the KT or JS-2. The biggest problem with him is that he's all of 5! :haha:

I'd go with the KT Porsche but that is strictly my personal choice.

Whatever your route, be sure to keep everything that comes with your new tank & store it away for prosperity. I got started into building model AFV a bit earlier when I was your age & still have some of my original catalogs from the early '70s. Years from now, when you want to introduce someone new into the hobby, you'll be pleased that you did. Happy tanking! 8)
IMG_4079.jpg
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome Bobby,
I can't say much about your setup...I really have no idea. I'm electronically challenged. You're the same age as my nephew, he looks at me like I have lobsters coming out of my ears when I'm confused with my phone, computer, or tank.

I do really love the Porsche turret on the King Tiger. I know it had major faults, but it is so elegant. Makes that tank look very modern with the beautiful elliptical lines. Very reminiscent of the Porsche 911!

At any rate, someone will chime in and give you some advice on your planned setup. Cool to know that the younger crowd is into this stuff, I thought it was maybe just mostly us old geezers! THAT SENTENCE IS SURE TO GARNER A RESPONSE! Really just kidding guys... I know I'm still wet behind the ears too!

Once again, welcome aboard,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along youngster. I’m Not 13 but at times my wife treats me like I’m 6 :/
Whichever tank you get is a good one, because it’s yours,
I guess that unless you are out working & earning that your folks will have a say in what you get, just from the $$ standpoint !!
Great have you here & be sure to post pictures when you can.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Bobby. I think you must be one of our youngest members. :D
It might help you on the long run, if you tell us which country you're in. That way, it will be easier for our members to recommend dealers, clubs, etc., and other relevant info to you. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Enjoy and don't forget to share your experiences with it and any upgrades or changes you make to it.
Main thing is enjoy it.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”