Herr Dr. Professor

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Herr Dr. Professor

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Some of you may know me from Hobby Havoc. Since that forum has been somewhat quiet lately, and thousands of miles from my northern woodland home, I am taking a look here. A widower, I have more RC tanks than my dear late wife ever knew about, going back to one of the first HengLong (sort of) Panthers with no sound and the funky "programmable" function. For the most part, I stick with Torro/Taigen, and while I do not do much modification, I do modest weathering. My favorite 1/16 fun is painting figures from Torro, Licmas, SOL Model, Asiatam and more. As I am a retard--unh--retired professor, I have a habit of books. I have bookshelves groaning with books about WWII AFVs, aircraft, trains, tractors and more. And, though tangent to this forum, since 2001 I have written a monthly review article for the Toy Farmer magazine.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Herr Dr. Professor

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Most very warm welcome along Professor.
I do remember you from HH ,
Shame that being a local site for me is very poorly supported. No idea why.
Please feel free to bring us up to speed with your collection , we like pictures and you will be rushed off your feet here !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along Prof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome along to the forum, it's a great place for tips, tricks or just inspiration :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! You should feel right at home here.
I love trains and tractors so I will share a photo of my O scale Case steam traction engine and a narrow gauge geared logging locomotive on my model railroad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Professor, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You seem to have mastered a skill that many of us envy, Hiding from ones true love just how profligate you have been with the kids inheritance :clap:
I share your love of books,I did not realise just how important it was to me until I was diagnosed with two ripe cataracts,
One has been fixed care of the National Health Service unfortunately my second operation has to date been cancelled four times because of the covid 19 virus,
Squinting gets a lot of strange looks when in the wider world and of course I am unable to ride my Motor Bike.
Please enjoy this place and feel free to ask all the questions relevant to R/C Tanking and R/C Trucks.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Welcome and enjoy the madness over here at RCTW
We all like to have fun and show off our various creations.
Dont forget to share pictures and video of the collection.
Enjoy
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

accordion small.jpg
accordion small.jpg (79.67 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
Thank you all for welcoming replies. I have been busy writing yet another (there have been well over 200) monthly farm toy/model review article. Thank you, Jimster, for the O Gauge photo. The steam traction engine in itself is great to set a turn of the (20th) century scene. Hi, Bix! Yes, I do remember you, too.

You asked for photos. For now, here's one to amuse you. I have dealt with German RC Tank sellers such as Torro (<https://www.torro-shop.de/>), Licmas (<https://heng-long-panzer.de/de/>), Asiatam (<https://www.asiatam.de/>), and others. I have had fine experience. The shipping cost, of course, is stunning.

Here's a photo of a box I got from Licmas earlier this year after the USPS was swamped because of COVID. I call it "accordian." Remarkably, nothing inside was damaged! I sent the photo to Mattias Lickel, who quickly responded with amazement that nothing was damaged.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

This is the same box, other side. I call this one "AP hit." :O :crazy:
Attachments
AP hit small.jpg
AP hit small.jpg (40.56 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Wow! You really dodged a bullet on that shipment.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”