Herr Dr. Professor

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Herr Dr. Professor

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Here's one more just for fun, this time using a figure of an injured GI from one of the German sellers. The dangerous lady is a figure I got from a British fellow. I painted her and posed her with a snake that was just slithering around the modeling table in a black and white propaganda photo.
Attachments
Warning B&W small.jpg
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome Herr Professor,
What part of the world is your "Northern wooded home" in. Toy Farmer magazine is right up my families alley. My Father is one of the founding members of the Badger Steam and Gas Engine Club located in Baraboo, Wisconsin. Growing up we went to all the shows. He had many antique gas engines, some very rare...side shaft Simplictiy to name one. He also had an Irish Fordson tractor and a Rumley Oil Pull. At age 85 he's sold most of everything now, but still collects antique wrenches.

Jim your Case traction engine is awesome (like everything you do). The Club has a Case 110 permanently based there. Quite an impressive machine. It's something to see plowing! Another founding Club member; Al Steiber, long since passed (RIP) was an old Navy machinist and built many Case steam engines in various scales. They were all working, coal burning models just like the real ones. He also was very heavily into model RRing. As a young boy these things just blew my mind. Perhaps starting me on the road to model RC models?

But once again I digress, a hearty welcome to you Herr Professor!
Eric.
Last edited by EAO on Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
EAO

Post by EAO »

And another thought Herr Professor,

I love the little propaganda poster you made. Especially since last September I got bit by a rattlesnake at our cabin in Arkansas. Not fun, but probably the coolest "nature" experience I've ever had.

But once again, I digress.
Cheers, Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

EAO: Milwaukee born and raised I have lived across the US from Greensboro, NC to L.A. For nearly thirty years now, I have lived at the southern tip of the southern Kettle Moraine State Forest. I have been to the Baraboo show a number of times, and many more, but from 2006 on, I was rather home-bound, taking care of my late wife. This year I am home bound as are all of us. DRAT!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Herr Dr.,
I had a feeling that with the magazine and your description of home that you had to be in Wisconsin or very close by. It is indeed a small world. My Wife and I were both born and raised in Baraboo but haven't lived there since 1996. All of our family is still there though. Beautiful area that you live in, I just hate the Winter. Back in the early to mid 1980's I raced motocross somewhere close to where you live. One track was at Aztalan, but there was one closer to you. I now have forgotten the name...too many crashes!

If you were at the Engine Show I guarantee that at some point you were within spitting distance of my Father. He'll get a kick out of hearing about you.

I'm very sorry to hear about your Wife. Your devotion to her will land you someplace special in the end I'm sure.

Good to have you here,
Best Regards,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”