Treated myself to HL Challenger 2

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Warrantm
Recruit

Treated myself to HL Challenger 2

Post by Warrantm »

But it doesn’t work! Long story but I can’t take it back. It’s a 2.4g version ... I get power to both the tank and the remote but it won’t start. I’ve tried pairing it to the remote but it’s just not doing anything.. where d’ya start?

Scott
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Treated myself to HL Challenger 2

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Replace the board. Many would suggest something like elmod/ibu etc but the hl 6.0 would be just fine if you not picky about sounds and finer features
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Do you have another transmitter to try and pair (bind) to it?
Warrantm
Recruit

Post by Warrantm »

I’ve posted this in the HL electronics section. No other transmitter to try.. I’ll be a bit picky about sound output as I want it to actually sound like a Ch2 and not some generic Diesel engine sound

Where can I get the boards from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I can’t only tell you Europe sellers. For elmod rctanks.de for ibu rcelectronics Both I believe are in the certified vendor section for their full web address
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Stay away from Elmod! You will become entranced with seeking out many custom sound effects, adjusting exactly how you want your motor to run, how much momentum your tank has, how strong the brakes are, how bright or dim you want your lights, how loud or quiet you want individual sounds to be, how strong your smoker smokes at different engine speeds and on and on and on. You will become consumed with fine tuning your turret rotation speed to be the most realistic and adjusting your top speed in the different gears. An Elmod Fusion Pro board is a freaking hobby all by itself. Stay away! Don’t do it!!
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Speaking from experience jimster I assume. Oh I forgot about Clark’s
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yes but I just remembered that ElMod doesn’t provide GBS. A Clark TK80 G2 is great for modern tanks.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Warrantm :wave:

Surely if you bought this tank either new or second hand as working, if it doesn't work, you have every right to a replacement or refund. I don't understand why you "can't" return it?

The go to person for Clark boards in Europe is this chap in our vendors list :thumbup: even the Americans purchase Clark boards from him.
Viewing profile - maxmekker - RC Tank Warfare
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2177
Just send him a private message with your requirements, and discuss the product.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Warrantm
Recruit

Post by Warrantm »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Warrantm :wave:

Surely if you bought this tank either new or second hand as working, if it doesn't work, you have every right to a replacement or refund. I don't understand why you "can't" return it?

The go to person for Clark boards in Europe is this chap in our vendors list :thumbup: even the Americans purchase Clark boards from him.
Viewing profile - maxmekker - RC Tank Warfare
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2177
Just send him a private message with your requirements, and discuss the product.
No... I damaged it.. and anyway I intended to improve it anyhow.. so I’m gonna bite the bullet and put a Clarke TK board in it for starters to see if the cures the initial problem

Scott in Shrewsbury
Ex Royal Navy
Diesel Head & Model builder

Return to “Introduce Yourself”