Introduction

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Re: Introduction

Post by Meter rat »

I have just read the Black List rules, and feel that it would be inappropriate to name and shame, as the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Here's a link to Gary's useful, and spot-on flic regarding posting, or uploading, pics and videos to RCTW :thumbup: :
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard from the Motor City, The Arsenal of Democracy!!! 8)

I would say it's a safe bet that most of us are assuming you had trouble with your T-72 because you bought it from Tank Zone? As for not naming names, go ahead and name them. As long as you don't tell any lies you're fine. A lot of guys would like to know what problems you had and how you solved them. Sounds like the threat of litigation worked pretty good on this vendor, that can be very useful information to others.

Again, welcome to the Dark Side of RC, you're gonna love it! :haha: :thumbup: :wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Max-U52. You are correct. However reading the rules suggests that slating a company when they have made good is not a good thing to do. The initial problem was after a short time of use the exhaust smoke and the sound speaker stopped working. Ok the tank would still drive and work, but it just not the same. Emails were sent, and voice mails left. A fake e-mail was sent so we knew he was responding. All I wanted was the tank made good. It mechanical, so things can fail, even when new, so all I wanted was it to work correctly. Yes, I used the small claims court in the UK, which could have been avoided with simple communication. I repaired the model at my expense. All though the exhaust unit failure was caused by high resistance joint, 5 minutes with soldering iron, the speaker was replaced, with newer one from a different company. It took the small claims court to recover the costs, which in the UK is quite simple. Fill out the on line form and pay. I am quite accommodating, and understanding, as anything can fail, it is more about how the problem is resolved. Good customer service can go along way for future business.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

This might be a question for a moderator, but I would say it's OK to post about a bad experience that was resolved, as long as you include all the facts, including the solution. Sometimes hearing how a company fixed a problem can be very useful info. I'm pretty sure truth is always a valid defense so I can't see anyone raggin' you about posting true events. But, I've been wrong before! :haha: :haha:

But it's good to know that they reimbursed you, was it just for the parts, or did they throw in anything for your time and trouble? You got a better result than most I've heard about with that vendor, and I've seen several instances where a new guy came on looking for a good vendor, asked about that one, and a ton of guys jump in saying, "No, NO!! they got me this way ..."

So any successful dealings with them will at least make a couple of us say, "Good for you, Bro!". 8)

Someone may have already mentioned this and I missed it, but I would say the favorite vendor in the UK is probably Forgebear. You also have several good suppliers on the continent, and my favorite electronics vendor is also in the UK, Tankbear. Both are members here and both are first rate Dudes. 8)

Sounds like you know your way around RC stuff, I'll be really looking forward to photos of what you've been up to. :thumbup:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Well, as far as I can see from what you say, they didn't put things right, if they did do anything, or reimbursed you in any way, it wasn't because they were caring with a top notch customer care service, they were forced to do so via the small claims court.
In my book, that's not the vendor putting things right.
A good vendor wants to put things right, even when you tell them not to worry.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: A good vendor wants to put things right, even when you tell them not to worry.

AMEN. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Well, as far as I can see from what you say, they didn't put things right, if they did do anything, or reimbursed you in any way, it wasn't because they were caring with a top notch customer care service, they were forced to do so via the small claims court.
In my book, that's not the vendor putting things right.
A good vendor wants to put things right, even when you tell them not to worry.
You are correct. They reimbursed me not out of good customer service, or because they care, but due to the threat of court. It was resolved, end of matter. Will I use them again? No. For the sake of £20-£30 pounds he has lost possibly hundreds of pound from me.
I will stick to recommendations from this site from now on.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Shame they are like that, they are in the same town as me, would be very convenient were I to be their customer, but tales like this is why I'm not.

I'm sure we've all made mistakes with online vendor choices ourselves, I've made a few myself. I just leave them behind me and enjoy the vendor advice on here :thumbup: But we do need to hear stories like yours, it keeps us updated by letting us know that bad vendors still haven't changed their ways.

Again, welcome to the forum Ian, I'm sure you'll fit right in ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Ian,
Welcome aboard! This place is great. It's saved me tons of trouble with this new hobby of mine too. The knowledge of the members and the work they put into their tanks is amazing.

43rdRecceReg, that video on Doric is amazing! Once again I laughed my butt off. It sure sounded to me like the Star Wars cantina scene! Just kidding, I'm sure us Midwesterners from the U.S. would have you rolling too! The world sure is a cool place!

Cheers, Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”