Another new to rc

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Mickdale
Recruit

Another new to rc

Post by Mickdale »

Ordered a 1:16 rc tiger and looking forward to receiving it in the post.
Interested I upgraded and how to repaint - I guess it’s going to be a steep learning curve considering my last attempt was using humbrol paint and a brush from Woolworths circa late 1970s

Hello to all

Mike
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Another new to rc

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along Mike, you’ll soon get into the swing of things.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hallo Mike, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Lots of us still use Humbrol Paints either Rattle cans or Tinlets but usually choosing Acrylic (Its Water Soluble ) instead of Enamel from their range,
Where in the World are you as we have a membership that spans the World ?
Enjoy the Forum and keep asking questions.
To avoid double posts after you press SUBMIT wait a minute and you will get an acknowledgement.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! You’ve chosen a most excellent tank to work with.
Mickdale
Recruit

Post by Mickdale »

Peterborough UK
I will make good use of the search tools prior to asking often answered questions
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Mike. :D
Woolies in the 1970s? well, that creates quite a picture. I'd almost forgotten 'The Wonder of Woolworths'. Many other, seemingly permanent, fixtures on the High Street will be heading Woolworth's way shortly, sadly. :problem:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Miniman394
Recruit

Post by Miniman394 »

Hi welcomenithing wrong with woolys, I remember buying airfux models as a kid and painting them up with gloss paints.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

What?! They had Woolworths stores in Europe? Hell’s bells, we had two in my hometown with a diner inside and all that good old day stuff. Bar stools at at long lunch counter and I would get a toasted tuna sandwich with dill pickles and potato chips with a glass of Coke. 1970 or so. Mmmmm, good memories. But I digress.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jimster, are you sure you've never been to Baraboo, Wisconsin?! You just perfectly summed up my hometown's Woolworth's on our Norman Rockwell like town square in the late 70's. A town of a whopping 8,000 people! We always called it the "dime store"! In other post I saw the guys across the "big pond" refer to it and thought that's odd. They always had the best collection of models and we got all of our gerbils and goldfish there too. Wow, what a trip down memory lane!

At any rate, welcome Mike! Can't say enough about the member's here. You'll be glad you joined! Can't go wrong with a Tiger 1, so many things one can do to it, both internally and externally. And there are many pro's and master's here! I've only done internal modes (well mostly) as I lack the time, patience, and skill to do the air brush and weathering. My next tank I'd like to try and remedy that situation...it probably will get ugly, but one has to start somewhere I suppose.

Cheers, Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Ah yes! Woolworths. I can still smell it’s unique comforting aroma of floor wax and food from the lunch counter. No bar codes on the products but stickers with the price on each item. All manufactured in the USA. Asking my mom if I can buy this toy or that. Such memories can be most comforting in my late in life years and I yearn to recapture that feeling of toy joy through my rc tank hobby. A kid at heart forever.
Thank you for stirring those memories!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”