New RC Tank Fan

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
KV1Fan
Recruit

New RC Tank Fan

Post by KV1Fan »

Hi from San Diego CA!

I'm a long time 1/35 armor modeler, but decided to get into 1/16 RC tanks since the Heng Long tanks are fairly affordable and readily available. I've bought their T-34, Sherman M4A3 105 and KV-1. I'd like to improve the sherman first since the detail is pretty toy-like in some areas and maybe even replace the turret. In any case, I hope I can pick up some tips and tricks since I'm an RC novice.

Cheers!

Matt
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: New RC Tank Fan

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello, and welcome to the forum Matt :wave:

Three good runners you have there from the Heng Long stable :thumbup:
The Sherman being the one that has the more upgrades and extras readily available, which is handy as you want to make it better.
As for the turret, it depends on what type you have in mind, as a lot of them are designed to fit the Tamiya hull, and would require some modification to fit on the Heng Long hull, let alone be able to use the rotational devices available to the Heng Long.

Anyway, I'm sure many members will make themselves available to answer your questions.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Welcome mr kv-1 fan.

Erm yeah Sherman’s.

Well all of my Sherman’s are henglong and I have m4a2 m4a3 105 m4a3 76w m4a4 firefly and building early m4a1 and m4a1 76w. So what you need
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
Welcome to the Forum. Pics of your tanks when you get the chance. We love to chat and kick the virtual road wheels. The Heng Long tanks are great base vehicles for a Detail Job and Heaven is always in the details along with the Devil. ;o) Looking forward to following along with your Builds.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! I went to the Naval School of Health Sciences (Hospital Corp School) at Balboa in San Diego back in ‘82. Beautiful place!
I look forward to seeing your Sherman upgrades.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A warm welcome, KV1Fan. You'll find many Shermanophiles on the board :thumbup: Do give us a pictorial account of your upgrades, as you progress. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Welcome aboard Matt. There are a few Shermans on the go at the moment, which isn’t always the case. Be aware that there are compatibility issues between Heng Long, Mato and Tamiya brand parts. Research carefully or be happy to modify things to fit as you go.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You seem to have found your way into your natural surroundings without to much trouble :haha:
Enjoy the Forum and please do ask the Questions and we would like to hear your answers to other members questions if you have them,
Involvement is at the heart of this body of hobbyists. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard, Matt, from the Motor City. In San Diego you just happen to have a really good tank Club. There's a guy in San Diego named Rich Johnson that I refer to as my Sherman Guru because that man knows more about Sherman's than anybody else I know. If you want to try and get in touch with those guys, send me a PM.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”