New Member Bassetus44

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Bassetus44
Recruit

New Member Bassetus44

Post by Bassetus44 »

Hello to you all,

I’ve been messing about with military models since a kid and RC for twenty plus years. I began with a Tamiya Tiger I & Fatuba RC, got the bug to follow up with Tamiya Tiger II, Pershing, Sherman, Panther & RC Kubelwagen over the years.

On returning to the hobby, my first Heng Long was a Sherman, modified to a Firefly with correct top hull, turret hatch and gun mantle but bog standard BB electrics, a bit of a waste really. (This must have been the longest build in history!)

Currently I’m driving myself round the bend with a HL BB Panzer IV I’ve had waiting for 4 years, with the objectives of recoil, flash and stopping track recoil whilst adding zimmerit & Schürzen. I’ve issues with the Taigen IR turret, Taigen 2.4 V3 MFU & HL hull playing nicely together to flas & recoil.
As an mechanical engineer (40+ years) I’m ok mechanically, but weak electronically.

Projects pending from my stash are: Sturm Tiger, T34/85, late Tiger I, Whites/International Halftrack & Sherman M4A3E8, plus others I’ve forgotten about.

ATB
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: New Member Bassetus44

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Bassetus44 :wave:

Wow, sounds like the RC tank bug has already taken a good long strangle hold on you lol.

I'm sure I speak for others too, in saying, we'd love to see what you've already built, and look forward to seeing your future builds :thumbup:

Well, I'm like you, I get a bit stuck with the wiring, but I'm gradually getting there, thanks to this forum, and I'm sure you will too.

Enjoy the forum :thumbup:

P.S. have you already found a source for you E8's turret, as there's a chap in the states that makes a rather good resin one that fits on the Tamiya hull :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Welcome Bassetus44, enjoy your time here. Lots of friendly folks here.

Sounds like you are ahead of the game with that collection.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Welcome bassetus44.

I echo pretty much everyone else really that’s quite a collection and we would like to see some of it. For me it would be your firefly. For the masses a Tamiya always seems to hit the spot

Or maybe even some photos of the battle being done with the PZ IV. We like to see builds as much as end results
It’s your tank it’s what you make it

Return to “Introduce Yourself”