Noobie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
hexbugspider
Recruit

Noobie

Post by hexbugspider »

Hey everyone! My name's nick and I'm 15 and have newly rekindled my efforts into the RC tank hobby.

I currently have a Heng Long m41a3 base model howevers she's unoperational due to the tx magically disappearing :/

If you saw my first thread on the general section you'd see I'm looking at a torro leopard 2!

Anyways yeah that's it pretty much haha

p.s hope everyone who read this has a great day :D
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Noobie

Post by jarndice »

Hi Nick, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
How refreshing to not only have young blood into the Forum but someone who is willing to take advise from the membership.
Thank you Gary for telling Nick about both introducing himself and warning him about Tankzone,
I was one of those who got burnt by them so I do completely agree that you should give them a wide berth and go to---
www.forgebeartanks.com
where Dave and Julie will give you their top quality service.
We look forward to all your questions :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Nick :wave:

If you know or we can work out what series of electronics you have in your Sherman, it shouldn't be too difficult to work out what Tx you'll need, and it shouldn't be too difficult to obtain one.

Anyway. Enjoy the forum.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

jarndice wrote:Hi Nick, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
How refreshing to not only have young blood into the Forum but someone who is willing to take advise from the membership.
Thank you Gary for telling Nick about both introducing himself and warning him about Tankzone,
I was one of those who got burnt by them so I do completely agree that you should give them a wide berth and go to---
http://www.forgebeartanks.com
where Dave and Julie will give you their top quality service.
We look forward to all your questions :thumbup:
Yeah I'm sorry about that, if you wouldn't mind saying what exactly did tankzone do to you?
I'm only just curious and will be avoiding that site and going with forgebear :D

I'm sure i'll have many questions to come haha, have a good one
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum Nick :wave:

If you know or we can work out what series of electronics you have in your Sherman, it shouldn't be too difficult to work out what Tx you'll need, and it shouldn't be too difficult to obtain one.

Anyway. Enjoy the forum.
Actually I tried to figure out what tx I needed but ultimately failed..
It's a really old model (5-6years) therefore ran on the older 27mhz frequency, would it be possible to modernise the tank and add a new 2.4ghz reciever + tx? I'll have a look in the bulldog and see what it says on the main board and get back to you

thanks!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning and welcome to the Forum. It is possible to modernize the electronics in any tank. Just get ready to open your wallet for a new set of HL or Taigen ( or Hobby Grade ) gear. The only serious things to consider are replacing or resetting the pins in the 'daughter' boards usually mounted in the upper hull or deck.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
hexbugspider
Recruit

Post by hexbugspider »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning and welcome to the Forum. It is possible to modernize the electronics in any tank. Just get ready to open your wallet for a new set of HL or Taigen ( or Hobby Grade ) gear. The only serious things to consider are replacing or resetting the pins in the 'daughter' boards usually mounted in the upper hull or deck.
regards,
Painless
Sounds good aslong as it's not toooo expensive.
I'll wait to see what 'son of a gun-ner' has to say about heng long electronics.

Thanks!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I Got screwed to the sum of £400 :thumbdown:
As to refitting the Sherman I think that if you are trying to do it on the cheap you might give a thought to a Taigen V3 MFU/Sound Module/Speaker all cables and a new transmitter including instructions all in one package for about £70 again from Dave.
The advantage of fitting the Taigen V3 system is that with no extra fittings you can use an aftermarket transmitter/Receiver.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Young man, Although I thank you for the confidence you're putting in me, many MANY people here on the forum know about the old Heng Long electronics, because we're all old :haha:

If you look within your battery compartment, do you have something that has a number on it, like 01, because depending on whether you do or don't, will let us know one of the two possible Tx's you'll need.

Sadly any electronics you purchase as a whole package will be from about the same price your tank was originally, to easily twice or three times what the whole tank cost.
But I'm sure you can get just the transmitter for under £20
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

First the board. I have one you can have. Recently removed and discarded following an upgrade. It’s an older version Taigen/Torro 2.4 with transmitter most 27mhz should just plug and go after removing the useless bits of wire no longer needed.

Second. Welcome
It’s your tank it’s what you make it

Return to “Introduce Yourself”