Hi There

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Arch1834
Recruit

Hi There

Post by Arch1834 »

Hi everyone,

My names Archie. I am quite new to this RC tank stuff. I thought I could increase my skill and knowledge through this forum. I at the moment have a HL Tiger 1 AND HL King TIger. (both 27mhz basic models). But I guess you have to start somewhere. I am currently trying to build the T1 up a little, painting, strengthening and building a more powerful airsoft gun.

Arch
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Hi There

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Archie :wave:

That's an old pair of big cats you have there. Did you acquire them recently?

Depending on how old the Tiger 1 is, you may or may not have a strengthening bar behind the suspension within the lower hull, although it's not the best of methods.
As for the airsoft, the unit construction is a bit weak for power ups, although some have managed a little extra power.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Arch1834
Recruit

Post by Arch1834 »

Hi Mick,

I've had both of them for quite a while actually, about 5 years. Due to having a little more time on my hands, I thought i'd get back into them.

Luckily they do have the metal bars along the suspension line! I'm hoping to get my hands on some aluminium sheets to form a little inside structure support. This might limit the flex of the chassis as well as not having to buy a Taigen hull! Got lots of ideas of what to do from this forum already. XD

Arch
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Arch, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
The (Expensive) adventure begins, you do have the Tank (Tiger1)which has more upgrades available than any other so your mods will be solely limited by the size of your pocket book,
By the way where in the world are you because we do have a worldwide membership which gives us the opportunity to recommend more locally based dealers than would otherwise be the case.
Enjoy the Forum and feel free to ask all the questions you need (About the hobby please, our knowledge of quantum mechanics is not what it could be :lolno: )
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Cool :thumbup:
Some small aluminium angle will always go down well for strengthening, always handy to have.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Urgh more damn tigers. I’m gonna go talk to Alex with his t34.

Welcome arch.

The hobby begins. Jarndice and jimster seem to be the guys for tigers. From what I have seen if they don’t know it, it isn’t worth knowing
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

:{ :{ If only that were true.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

You two know more about tigers than anyone else I have read the tiger posts of so it’s true enough. But then the both of you have quite a lot of knowledge accords the bored with quite a few different tanks and variants
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Exhibitedbrute wrote:You two know more about tigers than anyone else I have read the tiger posts of so it’s true enough. But then the both of you have quite a lot of knowledge accords the bored with quite a few different tanks and variants
There's always this one to read :thumbup:

HL-TIGER I, Basics, Failures and how to remove them. - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=118&t=11459

Nothing against Mr jarndice and Mr Jimster :wave:

Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Mr gunner that would be and interesting thread. Should I ever have a tiger. But I sort of go off what I see and I only ever see those 2 guys talk about them

Return to “Introduce Yourself”