Good afternoon

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Carrion
Recruit

Good afternoon

Post by Carrion »

Hello all.

as i suspect many recently on joining, i have taken up using an RC tank as a sanity measure during isolation as my normal methods are somewhat impossible,

Based in rural South Devon (ques up duelin banjos) im normally bouncing around in a real sized landrover but government says no and rightly so.

i have at present a Henglong 1/16th t34/85 metal upgrade version that i have been quite happily hammering for the past few weeks in and around my village as a greenlaning substitute and have been getting just over a mile out of a single charge on tarmac. and i already need to retension the tracks........
i want to fit a small action cam inside of the drivers hatch so i can record drivers view of whats going on.

I did initially have a heng long jadpanther plastic edition that broke a gearbox spindle within 5 minutes. it SUCKED but it was fun.

i also have arriving tomorrow a Torro tiger 1 metal edition in the same scale.

vid of the t24 being bounced around with terrible driving skills

https://www.facebook.com/paul.cavanna/v ... 97414/?t=6
If all else fails your just not using the right sized hammer.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Good afternoon

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Carrion!
I was about to say that I prefer Devon Cream teas to the Cornish ones; but your unusual choice of screen name put me right off both:lolno:
We are much more remote in the Highlands, than you are down there- and so I've never thought of you lot as yokels (though the scary pic of the inbred kid with the banjo in 'Deliverance'- still a good movie-
does come readily to mind.) :D
Model tanking can get to be a very immersive hobby, and expensive too, if you're not careful. ;) I'm sure it'll get you through all this Covid-induced madness; but beware the 'just one more tank! :S ' madness that's likely to ensue.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along, think you’ll like it here, love the video
I suspect when you learn to drive it in a straight line, you might get 2 miles out of a charge lol
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carrion
Recruit

Post by Carrion »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Welcome, Carrion!
I was about to say that I prefer Devon Cream teas to the Cornish ones; but your unusual choice of screen name put me right off both:lolno:
We are much more remote in the Highlands, than you are down there- and so I've never thought of you lot as yokels (though the scary pic of the inbred kid with the banjo in 'Deliverance'- still a good movie-
does come readily to mind.) :D
Model tanking can get to be a very immersive hobby, and expensive too, if you're not careful. ;) I'm sure it'll get you through all this Covid-induced madness; but beware the 'just one more tank! :S ' madness that's likely to ensue.
its taken from a character from book and one i have used online for more decades than i like to admit to.
i did enjoy driving through the highlands when i went to Scapa for my actually expensive hobby Tech diving. the Old military road though the cairngorms was something quite amazing

that said i am partial to Road Game..
midlife306 wrote:Welcome along, think you’ll like it here, love the videoImageImage
I suspect when you learn to drive it in a straight line, you might get 2 miles out of a charge lol
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well what can i say i should use a phone and drive at the same time.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Carrion :wave:

Well, it would appear that your new T34 has done far more mileage than most tanks owned by other forum members here 8O

I'm guessing you don't have the Jagdpanther anymore?

As for your video, I've never seen a better advert for a Heng Long tank :clap:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Carrion
Recruit

Post by Carrion »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Carrion :wave:

Well, it would appear that your new T34 has done far more mileage than most tanks owned by other forum members here 8O

I'm guessing you don't have the Jagdpanther anymore?

As for your video, I've never seen a better advert for a Heng Long tank :clap:

no the jadgpanther one went back to amazon very fast and replaced with the t34. a shame really as i like the tank destroyers and assault guns more than the tanks in some respects but it was the worst kind of plastic. felt flimsy and overlight with no substance

the gear ratio was totally wrong as it went like hell and was hard to control and when stopping it had a tendancy to flip forward alarmingly. then the gearbox to drive wheel spindle snapped on on side and there wasnt going to be a fix for it as the spindle was from the gear.

the gun didnt move at least on my one despite being advertised that it did.

regarding mileage, being the nerd i am, so far the t34 has done about 16 miles around my village on exercise and runs to the shop, a mile along the sea wall at teignmouth and a bout 2 miles just bimbling around in the garden and various short hops here and there. so call it just over 20 miles in about a month.
it didnt like the smoother stones that made up the footpath that much and the tracks seemed to be slipping a little so the track moved faster than it was.

the looks from families are quite funny to see as a t34 clanks down the road toward them. the kids are confused, the older kids want one the biggest kid (dad) wants one and the wife just says NO with a very tired look. :) .

also got to give my partners little girl a first driving lesson using it and she could actually parallel park. .

My tiger has also just arrived so new toys to play with shortly.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Carrion Hi,Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Almost Inevitably anther Tiger1 finds a new home :haha:
I was surprised that you are using Amazon as a dealer for your Tanks although as they sell everything else there is no reason for me to be surprised although filling Mr Bezos pockets is something I long ago swore I would avoid :lolno:
With our exit from the EU almost complete I hope you have left enough space on the back of your very high mileage T34 for a "GB" Sticker it seems likely you will need it.
Enjoy the Forum and please continue to contribute we need more people like you. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”