Hello

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello

Post by jarndice »

They don't know their born :haha: :haha:
The Heng Long Tiger 1 was pretty much the original reason this Forum came into being.
When I think of the pages of text devoted to fixing the almost countless faults on the Heng Long Tiger 1 when we first got our hands on it you could have opened up a new wing to the British Library to fit them in.
The Taigen and the Heng Long Tiger1s certainly do have too many faults but that is what gives me the drive to buy them so that I can do my best to fix them.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Yeah there’s nothing better than buying an rc tank only to find that it’s wrong and have to cut it up and make it right.
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
jonh
Private

Post by jonh »

I think for the time being I am going to confine myself to getting it to run as well as I can.
With this in mind the initial list will be:
1 IBU2U and hobby grade radio
2 Low ratio gearboxes to slow it down
3 3s lipo battery
4 Change tank loom battery connector to Anderson Powerpole connector.

I have been looking through the forum and what you guys achieve with modifying these models is amazing - but sadly I don't have the modeling skill or facilities!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Trust me 10 or so Tanks down the line you will be stripping down the first one and with the skills you have acquired you will do what most of us do and give it a complete makeover.
The first tank is always the keeper.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

My first tank was the Taigen bb firing Pershing pro edition. I liked it till I got a t34. Then I hated it. Still have it but I hate it a little less now I have tinkered with it. Still need to replace its gearboxes though after I bent a shaft but it grows on me again every time I make a small mod or adjustment to it.
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
jonh
Private

Post by jonh »

IBU2U and flysky radio arrived the other day. What a good addition it is! Excellent sound and easy to set up /customise. Oh - and better control of the tank as well.
It has made a huge difference.

Have now bought a Sturmtiger (Basic plastic version) as well. I plan to do a bit more work on the Sturmtiger - ah well - it makes lockdown more interesting.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”