Hello

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jonh
Private

Hello

Post by jonh »

Hi All

Just wanted to say hello. I have just ordered a Tiger 1 and an IBU2U. Looking forward to when they arrive

Cheers
Jon
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Hello

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Urgh another tiger.

Welcome John those ibu2 in the tiger is a good board. It will give you enough torque with the right gearboxes to drive over the top of the Sherman engine deck.

I know this to be true because my dad has done it to one of my. No 2 of my Sherman’s
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
jonh
Private

Post by jonh »

Thank you Sir!

Yep - I'm afraid yet another tiger. I bet there are more operational model tigers in the world than ever there were real tigers.

Cheers
Jon
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Most likely. I doubt they break down as much either
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! There’s a good reason the Tiger 1 is in abundance. They are the most awesome tanks ever. Now for the question. Are you going to be happy with a very generic Tiger 1 or are you going to try and replicate a specific time period or unit? Either way you are guaranteed a most excellent time.
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I had a feeling you would show up jimster. Where there’s a tiger mentioned your never far behind.

So yes tigers are not my cup of tea. But jimster seems to be the resident aurthority on tigers so if you need help with upgrades and customising he’s your guy
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jon Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
There was only 1347 Tiger 1s built so you can guarantee that there are many tens of thousands more r/c models in existence,
There were somewhere in the region of 80,000 Soviet T34s of all types built and 50,000 M4 Sherman's of all types,
I would bet a fair sum of money that the r/c Tanks produced outnumber those totals.
The real thing is big, expensive and time consuming to build so the quantity of even the most famous of them is never going to match truck and car production numbers.
Enjoy your Tiger 1 there are lots of upgrades available to enhance it,
Ask all the questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:Most likely. I doubt they break down as much either
I would not be so sure about that Image welcome to the forum jonh Image hope your new tiger and board come together smoothly and feel free to ask as many questions as needed, everyone here is super helpful

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Ha, I do prefer Tiger 1 tanks but as far as being knowledgeable I’m a bit further down the list compared to some of our other fine members. The fun is in the research.
jonh
Private

Post by jonh »

The Tiger (Torro plastic version late Tiger IR version) arrived this morning - seems to be in good condition and the paint job is not bad at all.
I do not plan any real upgrades as such other than the IBU2U board and Flysky radio which are on their way to me. I have a feeling that a load of fine detailing would be vulnerable to damage.

The Tiger is not by any means an exact replica of the original Tiger but it is good enough for me and the paint job is better than anything I could achieve.

All in all I am very pleased with it.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”