New, 1:16 HL T34

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
AlexW34
Private

New, 1:16 HL T34

Post by AlexW34 »

Hello all,

New to the world of RC Tanks, stumbled across the HengLong range while looking for bits n bobs for my TRX4 Defender.

Always loved the T34! Really happy with, will be doing a lot of mods, cosmetic and internal and can’t wait to fix the paint and weather it ;D The ‘Stickers’ that come with the Tank are awful and will need some decals. Does anymore known the be place for reference photos etc?

Looking forward to my 1:16 T34 journey, any issues you have had with you HengLong would be really appreciated! Look forward to chatting to you all! 8)

Thanks, Alex
Attachments
8B755353-3C37-4684-9F14-8F4F7A386872.jpeg
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: New, 1:16 HL T34

Post by Estnische »

Hi Alex - welcome to the forum.

Make sure you take plenty of photos of the work you do to your pride and joy - we like to watch!

I've heard the T34 is a good runner - I'm tempted to combine it with the Trumpeter T34/76 kit. Any issues you may encounter will depend on whether your Heng Long is new or old. Can you identify from the box or the MFU inside, what version you have?

Where are you from?
AlexW34
Private

Post by AlexW34 »

Oh I will post lots of photos :) I am from Glasgow.

It’s new, V6 I believe. Very smooth runner, the slow speed is fantastic! Very pleased with it
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Hi Alex. So the answer to your questions forgebear is largely the go to guy for parts and for reference photos I tend to just google it. If you need examples of what can be done I have a t34 on the TOTM thread at the moment. But I also have some other t34s I can send photos of including the 76. Or assault guns if you prefer
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
AlexW34
Private

Post by AlexW34 »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:Hi Alex. So the answer to your questions forgebear is largely the go to guy for parts and for reference photos I tend to just google it. If you need examples of what can be done I have a t34 on the TOTM thread at the moment. But I also have some other t34s I can send photos of including the 76. Or assault guns if you prefer
Excellent, thank you!
AlexW34
Private

Post by AlexW34 »

First mistake, flooded the smoke machine, thankfully its working again, but it gave me the opportunity to get to know the insides :) Cannot wait to get upgrading
Attachments
7D5A3B98-B9EA-46C5-A1F3-BCDB37F3F26E.jpeg
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I notice that you have the Nylon Gearbox,
This is a very reliable piece of engineering for as long as the rest of the drivetrain including the tracks remain as factory standard,
If your planned upgrades include metal tracks then you really should consider metal gearboxes,
Please do ask lots of questions and do get involved in any of the threads that catch your interest,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
AlexW34
Private

Post by AlexW34 »

jarndice wrote:Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I notice that you have the Nylon Gearbox,
This is a very reliable piece of engineering for as long as the rest of the drivetrain including the tracks remain as factory standard,
If your planned upgrades include metal tracks then you really should consider metal gearboxes,
Please do ask lots of questions and do get involved in any of the threads that catch your interest,

Thank you! The plan is the metal/steel gear box first, the drive wheels followed by the tracks :) Then last the road wheels 8)
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

You have quite rightly identified the worst part of your Tank, The Decals, They really are rubbish.
You have a choice between Peddinghaus decals and Paint Masks/Stencils,
Given that the original Tank was painted using stencils the choice would appear to have been made for you :haha:
I use the brilliant workmanship of one of our own Forum members "RAD SCHUHART",
PM him and you will discover a true gentleman who will go all the way and back again to provide exactly what you want,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jarndice wrote:You have quite rightly identified the worst part of your Tank, The Decals, They really are rubbish.
You have a choice between Peddinghaus decals and Paint Masks/Stencils,
Given that the original Tank was painted using stencils the choice would appear to have been made for you :haha:
I use the brilliant workmanship of one of our own Forum members "RAD SCHUHART",
PM him and you will discover a true gentleman who will go all the way and back again to provide exactly what you want,
:O
Wow, Thanks for your nice words, means a lot for me!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “Introduce Yourself”