newbie here. Mato Full Metal Tiger tank

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
chumanji9
Recruit

newbie here. Mato Full Metal Tiger tank

Post by chumanji9 »

Hi all,
I am very new RC Tank. Owned 50 other RC vehicles, but first on tank. I got the Mato Full Metal Tiger tank. It doesn't have the finest details, but somehow I am attracted to the idea of full metal tank.

If there are any recommendations, change, upgrades. Links or Post that I should read up on. Please share. Thanks You!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: newbie here. Mato Full Metal Tiger tank

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hi and welcome. Whatever you need to know is all here so give the search feature a go but we love questions too. How about a bit more background, photos etc. We like to know our members :thumbup:
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Re: newbie here. Mato Full Metal Tiger tank

Post by jarndice »

Hi and Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
The biggest problem with the all metal Tiger 1 Tank is that unlike the Taigen, Heng Long and to a certain limited degree Tamiya Tiger 1 almost nothing from those other tank makers is interchangeable, Its build quality for the price of the product could be better and while an all metal Tank has a certain cachet, Practically it can be a drawback in comparison with an ABS Body,
Keeping the Tank in its all metal finish will emphasize its visual qualities but as a practical working r/c Tank once it is painted the Mato all metal Tiger 1 has nothing special to offer that a well painted and detailed Heng Long or Taigen Tiger 1 tank can except for the standard fit of a Clark board to give a better base for a rtr 1/16 non Tamiya Tank.
Ask lots of questions and we will try to give you the answers.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”