Hey, Hey! Total Cherry FNG type here.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Hey, Hey! Total Cherry FNG type here.

Post by EAO »

Hope this finds everyone out there healthy and well. I'm also a member of RCUniverse but this site really hits my core interest. It also has more Elmod fans too, not sure why but the Elmod seems more popular across "the big pond". Wish more people would discover how awesome this board is.
Alright, a little more about me. I've been out of RC for about 20 years now. Used to fly parkflyers and slow fliers (I crashed better then anyone I know). About a year ago after much vacillating back and forth, I finally took the plunge and bought a Taigen Tiger 1 mid version, all metal with Airsoft barrel recoil. Since then I've added a G.I. Tankers Baroness 2 smoke unit, Visaton FRS7 speaker, and an Elmod Fusion Pro board. I ditched the "toy" transmitter and bought a FrSky QX7S to control this tank. I bit off quite a bit as I'm not good with electronics at all, but with help from the forums and it's members and Erik at Taigen I managed to blunder through it (I have a tendency to think my self stupid).
I've found the tank to be pretty bullet proof and really enjoy it. I don't battle or anything like that, there's no clubs even remotely nearby. I just like to try and get the most realistic movement from it as possible, and chasing the lizards around the yard. It is odd to be playing with toys (albeit expensive ones) at this crazy time when one's business is circling the drain, but it is one of the few things that make me smile now a days.
Anyway nice to be here and I know I'll learn lots from you guys, cheers!
Eric
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hey, Hey! Total Cherry FNG type here.

Post by jarndice »

Eric Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You will surely know that there are a lot of members of RCU on this Forum so you should feel at home very quickly,
We like questions although they do have a habit of going off topic to the annoyance of the Mods :haha: :haha: But go ahead and ask anyway.
Enjoy the Forum.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Eric! The new spec for your Taigen Tiger 1 (mid) is pretty matchless. :clap:
I'd say few enter the hobby with such a well-configured, and future-proofed model. :thumbup: Do show us a few pics of your
toned-up Tiger :D Then, I guess, you'll have to tell us what plans you have for a companion model. Isolation is demonstrably bad for scale model tanks, and that's why many of us will take pains to supply them with a therapeutic bunch of tracked companions... :lolno: ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO

Post by EAO »

Thanks for the welcome guys!
I did a lot of research on the best parts for upgrading my Tiger 1, and picked many a member's grey matter. I like doing things right the first time, even if I have to wait to obtain the funds. Dominique at RCTanks in Germany was my part source and was amazing with his customer service and knowledge. Rad_Schuhart was very helpful in recommending parts for what I wanted to achieve. Aloft Hobbies in California supplied the receiver and the amazing radio, and answered many questions about both. There were plenty others too that had helped out this FNG's never ending questions. Imex Erik answered dozens of emails when I still had it fairly stock and never batted an eye. So I'm very appreciative to all of them.
Yeah I'd love to add another tank to the herd, but I'm on double secret probation from the wife right now. Actually she's kind of glad that I bought a RC tank and didn't add another firearm to the collection! It would be a tough choice...Taigen for sure, as I've had great luck with this one. Love the Jadgpanther, King Tiger (especially the Porsche turret), then again there's the Panther? So many choices and so little money due to this virus thing.
At any rate, thanks again for welcoming me to the group!
Eric

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Welcome Eric , this place is great and full of info. Where in the US are ya ? I am in Nor Cal I have used aloft hobby from time to time, good people
Have fun with the tank
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Eric! :clap:

This is a great place to learn the game and there are so many talented, helpful people here to ask for guidance.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Well I’ll be damned! I’m from Cape Girardeau but live across the river in The People’s Republik of Illinois now. Another big coincidence is that I also have installed the ElMod into my Tiger 1 along with a new QX7. It’s definitely a steep learning curve but a course or two at the University of Rad_Schuhart helps quite a bit. Welcome aboard! :wave:
(Same boat as you with the firearms situation)
EAO

Post by EAO »

Wow, thanks for the very warm welcome! It sure is a small world with all the tanker's making themselves known. Great to be here. Thanks, again. By the way, on RCUniverse I go by the username MONO67.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”