Absolute beginner

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Absolute beginner

Post by Max-U52 »

You also have two different transmitters, one is the old ABC version and the other uses the crystal. I can see here that your crystal is labeled 02. Check inside the battery box on the tank and see if you can see the Crystal from there, sometimes you can and sometimes you can't, but make sure it also says 02. Unfortunately, you won't be able to use either transmitter with either tank, you'll have to use the crystal transmitter with the crystal tank and the ABC with the ABC. As I said before, I would immediately junk all that 27 megahertz crap and get something decent in there. I bought about a dozen of those FM tanks back around 2013 and 2014 and the very first thing I did with all of them with put 2.4 ghz motherboards in them.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Steve.d.scott
Recruit

Post by Steve.d.scott »

Max-U52 wrote:You also have two different transmitters, one is the old ABC version and the other uses the crystal. I can see here that your crystal is labeled 02. Check inside the battery box on the tank and see if you can see the Crystal from there, sometimes you can and sometimes you can't, but make sure it also says 02. Unfortunately, you won't be able to use either transmitter with either tank, you'll have to use the crystal transmitter with the crystal tank and the ABC with the ABC. As I said before, I would immediately junk all that 27 megahertz crap and get something decent in there. I bought about a dozen of those FM tanks back around 2013 and 2014 and the very first thing I did with all of them with put 2.4 ghz motherboards in them.
Checked this, These are project to get me into the hobby and learn as i go. Seems this may be the starting point lol
Good morning Mr Stevens and the windy notchy knight.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The early Heng Long Crystal powered Transmitters and Boards had a precise way of powering up and binding,
I think it was either Switch on the Transmitter first then switch on the Tank OR Switch on the Tank first and then switch on the Transmitter.
The Tank will just keep flashing its lights if you get it wrong.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

You could try swapping parts from the working one with the nonworking one until it springs into life. You'll then know what to replace. Before you do that though, gently pull out and press back in all the small plugs as they can become unseated or soiled over time. Good luck.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Steve.d.scott
Recruit

Post by Steve.d.scott »

General Jumbo01 wrote:You could try swapping parts from the working one with the nonworking one until it springs into life. You'll then know what to replace. Before you do that though, gently pull out and press back in all the small plugs as they can become unseated or soiled over time. Good luck.
Will get on to this tomorrow thanks all for your help. Tiger is now a runner but the bulldog isn’t
Steve.d.scott
Recruit

Post by Steve.d.scott »

General Jumbo01 wrote:You could try swapping parts from the working one with the nonworking one until it springs into life. You'll then know what to replace. Before you do that though, gently pull out and press back in all the small plugs as they can become unseated or soiled over time. Good luck.
When I stripped the bulldog I found a loose connection on the smoker unit. This is why it wouldn’t work. Now have the bulldog in little pieces ready to clean paint replace etc.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Here's my bulldog with a TK-20 so you can see how that board performs. I really love the engine start sounds on this board.

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”