New from UK

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Bobwest
Recruit

New from UK

Post by Bobwest »

Hi everyone
New to tanks and this website. Just bought Heng Long Challenger 2 upgrade version tank and very pleased with it.
Instructions quite difficult to follow as booklet provided does not seem quite correct for my tank version. Struggling to work out how to operate cannon, apply safety re firing BB or not and adjusting recoil. Pics/instructions on transmitter do not seem to be quite correct. Any suggestions welcomed.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: New from UK

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hi and welcome to the right place for s great hobby. Heng Longs tanks are being improved with new versions of electronics quicker than they can update their manuals. The added update sheets are the ones to follow.

To help you l'll take a guess it's a v6.0 or v6.0S model. To fire the cannon you need to press and hold the top right button and then press and hold the left one too.

The recoil is adjusted by pressing one of the four lower buttons while toggling one of the sticks but just check the fly sheet of the right ones!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Welcome to the forum, hope you get to grips with your new chally and any plans to upgrade/modify/paint?
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Bobwest
Recruit

Post by Bobwest »

Many thanks for the info re the firing. Will have another look re adjusting the recoil. Makes sense what you have said now and also was fired by the top left button and the top right button (as you stated). Very much appreciated. No plans as yet to upgrade. May go to metal tracks yet although believe means less battery life. When looking was also very taken with the Heng Long King Tiger so may be that in budget for end of year.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hallo Bob, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Do remember that fitting metal tracks is your entry to the law of diminishing returns, :thumbdown:
The standard gearboxes will not last very long driving them and the plastic wheels will wear out their centre's as well,
The sprockets and idlers will similarly need replacing, Plus gearbox output shaft bearings go from being a good idea to being an essential fit.
In other words fitting metal tracks means replacing the plastic drive train with a metal drive train.
The other downside is metal tracks play hell with a parquet floor and she who must be obeyed will play hell with you. :lolno:
The original fit is fine as it is and once the Plastic/metal is painted you cannot see the difference.
Having said all that I always replace the plastic drive train on every Tank I acquire with a metal drive train. :haha:
Enjoy the Forum and ask all the questions,
We might even know the answers to some of them.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

A tip? Don't rush to fit metal as it puts extra load on most moving parts. Upgrade when the plastic parts break! If you remove the tracks and spray them (maybe easier to hand brush paint the Chally tracks) you'll much improve their appearance.

Some very light weathering using a wash dilution of a dark paint across the whole tank also highlights the detail. Just keep it well thinned. I personally used Humbrol tins of matt black enamel (yes, enamel) and loads of white spirit mixed until it's almost clear then 'splash it on all over' as that old boxer used to say in the TV ads! ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Another tip is if your planning on running it off road metal drive train is a must, plastic will break at least on my chally where I manged to destroy it in less than a month, indoors though your fine stock

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2

Return to “Introduce Yourself”