Hello from the US

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Enrathi
Recruit

Hello from the US

Post by Enrathi »

Hi! I just got into the hobby and decided to join to take advantage of the accumulated knowledge. I started with a couple of Heng Long tanks, Abrams for myself and Challenger 2 for my son. While they both technically run out of the box, there are a few somewhat minor issues to deal with that I'll likely post in another thread if I can't resolve them myself.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and also ask what brands of tanks are worth buying, at least to begin with while my son and I learn about the hobby? I might end up having to get a refund on my son's tank if the issue can't be resolved and was curious what to get him as a replacement or if trying my luck with HL again was fine.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hello from the US

Post by BarryC »

Welcome!

Sounds like you've made a good start.

I am sure you will find some good answers to help you sort out the "issues" you're having.

Again, Welcome!
Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Enrathi :wave:

The one thing about a standard Heng Long is that they're cheap and cheerful. And there aren't any other makes that can compete on price. Although you can get upgrades for what you've already got which would eventually take you up to the next price point.
Heng Long can be hit or miss, some can run perfectly and trouble free from the box. Yet some can be real troublesome because their chassis hasn't been either constructed properly, or taken out of the mould too soon. But that being said, it's possible to strengthen the plastic chassis to make them more rigid, which can save on a purchase of a more expensive metal or metal reinforced lower hull (chassis).
It all depends on what you're willing to pay.

Anyway, enjoy the forum.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Welcome along to the fun.

Those Heng Longs are the right choice to begin with. Any problems you are having can be solved with advice from the members here. Heng Long stuff is cheap and plug-and-play, as long as you don't break the plugs! By the time you fix any problems, you will know more about RC tanks and be better informed about what kind of tanks you might like in the future.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Heng long are quite good at being build sacrifices aswell. I have a few testaments to that.

Also Welcome
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Starting with Heng Long Tanks is never a bad idea especially the latest Version 6.0 models,
It is possible that people will try to badmouth them but that was long ago and there is a new management team at the company that has blown the cheap and nasty cobwebs away although some clunkers do get through but that is what we are here for :lolno: ,
Enjoy the Forum and yes do please ask the questions,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

jarndice wrote:Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Starting with Heng Long Tanks is never a bad idea especially the latest Version 6.0 models,
It is possible that people will try to badmouth them but that was long ago and there is a new management team at the company that has blown the cheap and nasty cobwebs away although some clunkers do get through but that is what we are here for :lolno: ,
Enjoy the Forum and yes do please ask the questions,
Spot on!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Introduce Yourself”