Not exactly new!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
STHV
Lance Corporal

Not exactly new!

Post by STHV »

Hi

My name is Lewis,
I originally joined this forum back in May 2018 and have mostly just read posts, not really commenting much however I have only just realised that I have not made an introduction post this entire time!
I am quite new to this hobby but i am jumping straight into the deep end with my first project being a conversion of a Torro Pro Panther G to a 100% Metal Panther Ausf D from late May 1943 with an El-mod controller and (hopefully) it will be exterally accurate for the period in terms of visible external modifications! It took me the two years I was on this forum just to finish the reasearch for all of the components! with any luck the finished thing will have all hatches and ports fully and historically functional, including the cupola, the two front plate ports for the driver and machine gunner/radio operator all the way down to the pistol port plugs on the sides and rear of the turret! Its currently my main project but has been slowed down significantly due to the current pandemic
I am currently waiting for the last of the parts before I start building it as some of them are key to the structure of the tank, so when I have all of the parts I will be able to start a build thread!

My other tanks are:
Tamiya Leopard 1A4 - I am hoping to convert this to an 1A1A1 with the earlier turret design but keep the 1A4 turret and hopefully have it quick swapable!
Metal Origin Puma - Currently sitting in its box unbuilt awaitning more parts to make it IR compatible
Classy Hobby Luchs - Unbuilt awaiting parts for a conversion to full RC

And finally the Hooben Maus, I could write for hours about this pile of junk and the stress of getting a refund via my bank, I have written about it before in one of my older posts but TLDR AVOID HOOBEN AT ALL COSTS. This thing will need a total structural rebuild likely including but not nearly limited to: new running gear, tracks, a turret, all the details, all of the internals and even some of the main armour plates.
When it comes to fixing this thing I am honestly considering making a full metal E-100 at the same time as i could theoretically swap the turrets back and forth (E-100's intended turret was basically just the planned Maus II Turm with thinner armour)

Either way I can't belive I forgot to make an introduction for all this time!

Lewis
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Re: Not exactly new!

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Well welcome Lewis and thanks for the detailed intro wouldn't it be nice if someone just made an elefant kit that worked? I know I would buy it! Looks like you have got a fair bit done in a short time to be fair

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Good luck with your projects, Lewis :thumbup: I see you plump for the slightly less mainstream models there. Well, it's always refreshing to have the broadest range of vehicles 'accessible' on here, for reference, and for ;D envy :D

Edit: almost forgot- don't forget the pics, if you have them to post. That's where the envy, or admiration begins. :) We like lots of pics. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Good luck with your projects, Lewis :thumbup: I see you plump for the slightly less mainstream models there. Well, it's always refreshing to have the broadest range of vehicles 'accessible' on here, for reference, and for ;D envy :D

Edit: almost forgot- don't forget the pics, if you have them to post. That's where the envy, or admiration begins. :) We like lots of pics. :thumbup:
Don't worry, there will be plenty of pics! as soon as I have something worth showing other than a crate full of parts that is!
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hi Lewis, no rush. Like all us model making enthusiasts, we buy quicker than we build so we all have cupboards full of boxes full of unbuilt kits and parts, some of which were bought years ago.

Last week to alleviate the boredom, l dug out and built a Frog Canberra B1.8 purchased in circa 1976. I realise now that l must have put the build off because, at that time, l didn't possess an air brush. How's that for an excuse! ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Introduce Yourself”