New but just wanted to say thanks.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Basin79
Recruit

New but just wanted to say thanks.

Post by Basin79 »

As per the title, thank you. I've just registered but read some posts on here regarding MATO all metal tanks and a certain seller to avoid. I was ready to pull the trigger on a tiger once I had the money from the online seller that isn't well thought of.

Instead I'm looking to buy either a Taigen or Torro tank from Forgebear. So even if I don't end up actually being all that active on here I just wanted to type I'm grateful.

Cheers.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: New but just wanted to say thanks.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome Mr Basin79 :wave:

You're very welcome, we have that vendor section to stop people running the risk of a bad transaction.

And don't be shy, come back and tell us all about your purchase/s :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Basin79
Recruit

Post by Basin79 »

Well just reading google results gave me the information I needed.

I'm stuck between a Tiger, I mean iconic, pretty much the quintessential tank if there can be such a thing. Also like the idea of a WW2 tank (used to play and will probably return to WoT) that can become a xmas tree if you will for added deco etcetera.

The other tank in the mix is the Torro (modern) Leopard. Compared to the Tiger they're chalk and cheese and I don't believe it has the same character but that turret, tracks and road wheels are insane.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Basin79 wrote:Well just reading google results gave me the information I needed.

I'm stuck between a Tiger, I mean iconic, pretty much the quintessential tank if there can be such a thing. Also like the idea of a WW2 tank (used to play and will probably return to WoT) that can become a xmas tree if you will for added deco etcetera.

The other tank in the mix is the Torro (modern) Leopard. Compared to the Tiger they're chalk and cheese and I don't believe it has the same character but that turret, tracks and road wheels are insane.
..and on the subject of insanity, welcome to bananas ground zero :D :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Well, the Tiger 1 probably has the biggest amount of upgrade and detailing parts on the market, because it is the most popular of all tanks.
The Leopard is a most popular tank out of the modern armour, and they do look good in ones hands, they also run quite well.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Basin79
Recruit

Post by Basin79 »

Cheers both. Haven't quite figured out how to multi quote yet.

That is the predicament I'm in. On the 1 hand the Tiger has a lot more going for it in terms of character and adding too. Although at this point I must add I have no intention of tinkering with the internals. I don't have the patience to have to start trying to find a home for a screw.

The Leopard reminds me of a great white shark. Perfection. But like I typed and you'll be well aware there's no buckets, chains or nets to add.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Do what I did. Get both!
My first tank was a Tiger 1 and then I got a Leopard. Those are my favorite tanks and it’s nice having a foot in both time periods.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

And here’s a bucket on a Leopard Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basin79
Recruit

Post by Basin79 »

Jimster wrote:And here’s a bucket on a Leopard Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha ha brilliant. Alas I can't afford both and it'd be some time before I ever could. I fear this decision will torment me for some time.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”