FPV Tank Belgium reportin' for duty :-)

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Spiffmeister
Recruit

FPV Tank Belgium reportin' for duty :-)

Post by Spiffmeister »

Hi!

I'm Spiff, I discovered RC tanks in Ulan Ude, Russia, last year, trying to get an original gift for my son. It was a pair of 1:28 Chinese copies of a T-90 and a King Tiger. Now I seem to be making the first RC Tank club in Belgium, with our very own 1000m² terrain, with a heavy focus on FPV tanks. We're on FB ("De Tankisten"), and on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmzdOD ... 9LXqT055dA. e've got a few videos up already, and plenty more coming :-)
PershingLover
Corporal

Re: FPV Tank Belgium reportin' for duty :-)

Post by PershingLover »

1000m2? Holy cow, that' massive!

Seems like you are already in the hobby...

Welcome aboard!
Spiffmeister
Recruit

Post by Spiffmeister »

Yeah, it's quite massive! It's a part of a terrain used by an organization trying to bring lots of RC disciplines together, very ambitious. They like my idea of RC Tanks and having a battlefield, and having battles, but also driving opportunities for modelers and simulators. After the corona crisis, things should kick off. I'm psyched :-)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Spiffmeister wrote:Yeah, it's quite massive! It's a part of a terrain used by an organization trying to bring lots of RC disciplines together, very ambitious. They like my idea of RC Tanks and having a battlefield, and having battles, but also driving opportunities for modelers and simulators. After the corona crisis, things should kick off. I'm psyched :-)
Good for you :thumbup: It can only be a good thing to remain positive, in these negative times, and to keep some post-malicious microbe goals/aims :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Sounds very interesting. If you are using FPV, you may want to consider FPV only with tank commander's being guided by an overhead drone based adviser for each side/team, all Comms by headphones. Just a thought.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Spiffmeister
Recruit

Post by Spiffmeister »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Sounds very interesting. If you are using FPV, you may want to consider FPV only with tank commander's being guided by an overhead drone based adviser for each side/team, all Comms by headphones. Just a thought.
You're reading my mind :-) I come from a long gamer background, so that's where I get my inspiration.

The long term idea is two teams, with each at least 2 FPV tank. Preferably with hull-mounted camera's, or a combo of hull+turret/barrel/commander camera, for more realism. Each team will get a base with supplies, a flag, soldiers and perhaps other targetable goals, and there will be neatral assets to conquer or demolish. Each team will draw 2 missions, and pick one. The goal will be to achieve your teams mission (ranging from sabotage, espionage, destruction, recon, defense,... I've got a few dozen already prepared), whilst discovering the enemy's mission ànd preventing them from achieving it.

On top of that, there will be supply trucks and recon trucks. Supply trucks can bring troops or spies or ammy/repairs. Recon trucks or drones have a bird's eye view, and can relay information to the tanks. They can of course also be targeted by the enemy's tanks.

The options are massively endless :-) At this point we're in the planning stage of our terrain. After the corona crisis we'll start building. Then I'll start recruiting and looking for more members in Belgium. It's a niche hobby, but I read a post here somewhere about a Belgian club in 2012 with 50 members in Zelzate, not far from Beernem where we're located. Those people got to go drive and battle somewhere, don't they :-)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”