At last I bought a tank

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
BlueWotsit57
Private

At last I bought a tank

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Hi everyone finally got myself a tank to keep me amused during this horrible pandemic - my son has had one for 5 years but when he visits he never brings it with him, reckon he thinks I might keep it here :)

Have had numerous RC Cars over the years but the last 15 years my main hobby has been RC Yachts and Pilot Cutters, nothing better than seeing a large model cutting through the waters in a strong wind, love photographing it like this

Sadly my first tank had a problem and I am now in communication with the company who sold it to get my money back - it failed within 24 hours, but thats life, more importantly I know my legal rights and I also used Paypal to pay for it - a must these days as they usually respond quicker than getting a chargeback through a bank.

Aims with my tank when I get it are to in the first instance attempt a weathering job on it and hopefully produce something I am happy with, then it will be getting various upgrades together so I can essentially learn the ins and outs of a RC tank.

Andrew
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Re: At last I bought a tank

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Hi Andrew and welcome :thumbup: you missed out the key info though! What tank is it! :D
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

spongehoobtank82 wrote:Hi Andrew and welcome :thumbup: you missed out the key info though! What tank is it! :D
Hold on, I can feel the moderator power surging through my veins and re-energizing my telekinetic abilities. . . .

It's green. . . .

It's American. . . .

It's made in China. . . .

It's, it's a Heng Long um. . . .

Sherman :D :thumbup:

Welcome aboard Mr BlueWotsit57 :wave:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along Andrew, shame you’ve gone all allied straight away, I’m sure the dark side will tempt you before long.
You’re only one tank away from getting another
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

well it will be a Sherman .........if a working one ever arrives LOL

Dont you just love psychic powers ;)
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
spongehoobtank82 wrote:Hi Andrew and welcome :thumbup: you missed out the key info though! What tank is it! :D
Hold on, I can feel the moderator power surging through my veins and re-energizing my telekinetic abilities. . . .

It's green. . . .

It's American. . . .

It's made in China. . . .

It's, it's a Heng Long um. . . .

Sherman :D :thumbup:

Welcome aboard Mr BlueWotsit57 :wave:
If it failed within 24h it's got to be a panther or tiger II :haha:
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Yeah, who ever heard about an unreliable Sherman, never heard such tripe. :D

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

:haha: Hey now Midlife, back off! We need some more Allies here
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

PershingLover wrote::haha: Hey now Midlife, back off! We need some more Allies here
You better tell Alwyn Turner to hurry up and print my Matilda quick sharp in that case ;)

spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Maybe we should do a vote, alied or axis :thumbup: I have a sneaking suspicion which way it will go :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”