At last I bought a tank

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: At last I bought a tank

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

How much is Matilda. I want one to accompany my crusader and Sherman 3
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:How much is Matilda. I want one to accompany my crusader and Sherman 3
Not sure yet, he hasn't got to the costing side of things, he's only on the prototypical design and development at the moment.

Maybe check out Ludwigs, I believe he does them.

Besides, one doesn't care about such crass things as price when one is pursuing ones needs :D

Oh, and you could have said hi to the member introducing himself in his thread :/
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard, Andrew, from the Motor City. My psychic powers are telling me that you're in the UK?

When I bought my first tank I bought two of them at the same time, and neither one of the damn things worked and I had to send them both back so I can relate to your frustration. But it will be worth the wait as you already know because your son has one.

I just finished building a trailer that would have hauled your broken Sherman for you. 8)

Wayne was definitely right that you're only one tank away from another one. You'll find this hobby can be rather addicting. Now you will need a companion for the Sherman, perhaps a P3 or P4? Or if you want something that will fight with it instead of against it, the Pershing is good or maybe even a t-34 or js2.

Your prior RC experience should stand you well here, but remember that RC tankers can be just a tad more Twisted than most of your regular RC enthusiasts. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

My psychotic powers are telling me I could murder a drink right now, @) , but Friday's my slurp day. :D
Do Enjoy your (fully functional :thumbup: ) Sherman when it turns up, Andrew. My inclination these days, given the pain of trying to post anything, would be to have a go at fixing the thing. Then again, you shouldn't have to, should you!.
Hope it turns up soon, as distractions and hobbies are something of an essential these days. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Indeed Roy. When I crossed over to the dark side and bought a Sherman, you said it must be something to do with this cursed virus. Instead of taking it slowly, I've been immersing myself in it to keep my mind distracted. It beats watching reality TV with my wife and daughter.

Welcome along Andrew! As a keen modeller, it shouldn't take you long to discover that your Heng Long beastie is a 105mm version. That is typical of the quirkiness of Heng Long, and fertile ground for modellers who like to make things right. Browse the web and see how to add Mato metal bits and Tamiya sprue parts.

I would refer you to the Things To Fix On Your New Tank section, but there isn't one for the Sherman! (moderators?)

viewforum.php?f=117
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Hi blue. What tank did you get.
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Hi everybody and thanks for the welcome

I'm hoping my replacement Sherman will arrive today or tomorrow......at least thats what I have been told, but deliveries here in the UK as everywhere I guess are not carved in stone at the moment

Cant wait for it to get here so I can abandon all the chores my wife has been lining up to do around the place !!!!!

I know the feeling about the next tank and the next one and so on, as I went there when I bought RC boats it gets addictive LOL - infact I have already been researching Tiger 1's as the next one to get

regards
Andrew
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Well your in luck there's no end of tiger info and advice here :D
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

One of my boats in action ....tank photos when I eventually get the tank 8)
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Hrmm, boats and tanks.. I sense a landing craft in the future...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”