tank transporter

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
sapper
Recruit

tank transporter

Post by sapper »

Thanks for letting me join. i have been interested in rc for many years. but just getting back into, after many years. I did 27 meg. I am building a tank transporter useing a bruder trailer, and a JJRC truck, which will have to upgraded. And a Heng long challenger
jarndice
Colonel

Re: tank transporter

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum Sapper :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Might I assume you are or were a member of the Royal Engineers ?
As to the Tank Transporter, I have a virtually unchanged Bruder Low Loader coupled to a WPL B16 prime mover using one of Wills 5th wheels to convey a Medium Panzer 4 BUT if you have not seen it there is a very helpful U-Tube video explaining how to extend a Bruder Low Loader to carry Heavy Tanks such as the Leopard, Abrams and the Challenger,
I am sure you will have questions about all matters concerning RC Tanking,
We will do our best to answer them.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
sapper
Recruit

Post by sapper »

Hi jarndice. most definatly a Royal Engineer. I was driving Bridlayers and AVRE's in Germany in the 70's. I have also looked at WPL, also JJRC. For the tank a Heng Long Challenger 2. That will make a good TITAN, with a number 11 bridge. thanks for the tip about Bruder, that will save a lot of time. I will post pics as thing progess
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Hello & welcome the club
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Steve.d.scott
Recruit

Post by Steve.d.scott »

Nice to see another sapper on a forum. I am a bit younger than you having left in 2014. I Spent most my career in around armour but I wasn’t a tankie
Good morning Mr Stevens and the windy notchy knight.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hi and welcome. I have three Bruder based low loader trailers, a 2, 3 & 4 axle types, the 2 & 4 axle models coming from two standard 3 axle types. If you search for tank transporter threads here are plenty of photographs. You will need a 4 axle type for a modern MBT.

I used Tamiya tractor units to pull these as they provide for the use of 540 motors, 3 speed gearbox and a really good chassis, endless mods (and some great bodies) but they do cost more. I also have a number of JJRC and similar trucks, all modified with hobby grade electronics and better motors, 2 speed boxes etc but they cannot haul a heavy tank nearly as well. Worth thinking about.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Introduce Yourself”