RC jeep conversion

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
downwind leg
Recruit

RC jeep conversion

Post by downwind leg »

Hi all,just to introduce myself I am Brad. I live on San Juan Island in Washington state. I am 70+ years old and have been doing RC planes for over 35 years. I got interested in the RC Jeeps because the Dragon and G.I.Joe Jeeps are the same scale as my latest RC plane. The 1/6 scale all electric Yellow Aircraft P-38 Lightning. When I saw an RC conversion of the Jeep on another forum, I thought it would be the bees knees to have a jeep to tow my P-38 down to the flying field on my property. Same time period, same scale, and same war. Anyway Max-U52 put me on to this forum to check out progress on the jeep here so I felt I needed to join to find out more details on these conversions and hopefully buy or find someone to build one for me as I barely have time to make any progress on the P-38 or anything else for that matter. Still working so very little time for fun.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: RC jeep conversion

Post by Max-U52 »

Welcome aboard, Brad. You should also check out this section of the forum

viewforum.php?f=24

I'll bet you'll find lots to grin about. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome! I sure would like to see a pic of that warbird.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Brad :thumbup: Hope you find enough time for the jeep project to come to fruition, and thus after the downwind leg, it'll be happy landings :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Welcome along :)
spee34
Private

Post by spee34 »

hello and welcome here :)

best regards

Dominik from Austria ;)