Bad Christmas present

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Martin Hodgkins
Recruit

Bad Christmas present

Post by Martin Hodgkins »

Hi All
I am new to this but hopefully the start of something for me and my son.

I purchased of eBay a heng long german tiger 1 for my son for Christmas .abc channel transmitter one for £80. brand new still sealed for my son and it does not work . I had one around 15 years ago. My partner went crazy. So I ordered the rx18 sound and smoke mfu. A transmitter board crystal one from tank zone which come today in the picture the wire's are on it but what come looks old dirty with no wires. And I haven't got a clue just thought unplug and connect new. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. I wish I listened to her now with the one she wanted to order. I feel terrible. If anyone has a spare transmitter I would buy. We live in coventry UK.

Regards

Martin H
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Bad Christmas present

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Just a thought - if it did not work straight out of the box, have you been back to the ebay seller?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Martin Hodgkins
Recruit

Post by Martin Hodgkins »

Hi silversurfer
It was stated been sat up a loft around 9years no returns. That's when I said we will just upgrade so I brought a new battery incase the original had perished.New mfu and it looks like a second hand transmitter board
I known it can work again. Do you think someone would have the the transmitter for sale it's a sender transmitter with smoke and sound I need. The one I have is the abc version.
Regards
Martin H
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Sorry you gave such an unfortunate introduction to our hobby. I am sure someone here will be able to help. I am not an expert in Heng Long electronics but I do know the crystal version is 24mhz and has not been produced for some time.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

As far as your rights go, the seller stating no returns makes no difference in this case, the no returns is just for those people who change their minds after purchasing.

But when an item is sold for a purpose and it isn't fit for purpose, you have a strong case. You should contact the seller and state the situation, and if you don't get any satisfaction, take the matter up with eBay and PayPal.
£80 for an old ABC switching tank is extortion anyway.

Mr Surfer, do you mean 27mhz ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

This raises a number of questions,
First of all I would never have anything to do with Tankzone or Nitrotek,
And if you had joined us in the conventional fashion you would already know that,
Your "Sender" transmitter should have a pre-fitted numbered crystal and the RX18 mfu should have a matching pre-fitted same numbered crystal,
Without that combination the tank wont go.
What completely baffles me is that you spent £80 on an 8 year old second hand analogue Heng Long Tiger 1 when you could have bought a brand new Digital Heng Long Tiger 1 from a reliable dealer for the exact same sum of money.
And if you had joined us in the conventional manner you would have know that as well,
And this is not the AA or some other emergency service,
This is a Forum of like minded persons which has a very few protocols, The first of which is that the first time you talk to us you do it in the form of an introduction,
You say HI, and tell us about yourself and we say HI and welcome you to the Forum, after that comes questions and answers using relevant sections of the Forum.
You want to try again?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Mr Surfer, do you mean 27mhz
I do - a senior moment I'm afraid. Sadly the advancing years are beginning to take their toll. :'(
Richard
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

An afterthought,
There is a specific way to start Heng Long Analogue Tanks,
Off hand I think it is first "Switch on the Tank then Switch on the Transmitter" or vise versa,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Mr jarndice, I know where you're coming from, and you know I'm usually on the same wavelength re new members.
But, in this instance, we are not dealing with the normal new member. Martin has gone to the introduction section, and has introduced himself in an acceptable fashion, he probably didn't think he needed an RC tank forum until he discovered his partner was correct.
So, apart from adding his woes and asking for help after he tried to resolve his issues on his own within his introduction, I think we could cut him some slack, after all, I don't think he needs any more salt rubbed in his wounds.

Martin, as there are so many versions of heng long transmitters, it would help if you posted a link to the MFU that you ordered.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Hi again Martin. Did this tank come with any paperwork? Like operating instructions?
I ask just in case something silly was missed. Especially with the positioning of the ABC switch on the controller and under the tank.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”