Bad Christmas present

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Bad Christmas present

Post by jarndice »

Upon reflection you are of course quite right and I apologise without reservation to you Martin,
Welcome to the Forum.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jarndice wrote:Upon reflection you are of course quite right and I apologise without reservation to you Martin,
Welcome to the Forum.
Shaun, you're going to get me a bad reputation as a responsible adult ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I agree with Son of a gun-ner. You have nothing to lose by going back to the vendor and, if need be, invoking the assistance of eBay and PayPal. It is my understanding that the latter tend to side with the purchaser in case of problems.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Martin Hodgkins
Recruit

Post by Martin Hodgkins »

Hi
Thanks son of a gun-near for the protection. It felt like
Jarndice just executed me point blank.
This is the first time on any forum.
To ansaw all of the above.
£80 was expensive for an old model but I wanted my lad to have something I had to play around with when I was younger. I could of done some home work but thought I was doing the right thing.
I tried on off. All channels abc. New battery. I just think board in the tank has had it. It did come with manual.
So I chose to go for upgrading.
The mfu rx18 crystal version I have ordered of airsoft World.net comes with all the wires smoke and sound.
Then realised I needed to change the board in the transmitter found one on tankzone crystal version.
I am so sorry if I am on the wrong page I am not trying to use the sight as a gain and not be heard of again. I need help. I can't go back now. I just need to make this right for my lad.
I'm not that computer clever.
Around links and pictures and things I will learn I promise.
Do I need to post somewhere else on this forum.

Regards
Martin H
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey, Martin, and welcome aboard from the other side of the puddle. First, don't let Jarndice get you, he has a tendency to come down rather hard on new guys, but he's basically a kool kat.

There seems to be a bit of confusion. The tank was in a loft for nine years, was that your loft or the seller's loft? If it was in the seller's loft, try to send it back. If that's not successful, you said the new MFU you ordered appears used? Maybe you can return that? Since you're willing to upgrade I wouldn't waste my time on the 27 MHz crystal boards at all, I'd get a new V3 system from Taigen. Forgebear can hook you up there. (Forgebear is one of our favorite vendors, in case you haven't learned that yet. A couple others are Tankbear for aftermarket electronics and rctank.de) The V3 is state of the art for Taigen stock electronics and it should be a straight swap, with maybe one or two things that need tweaking. For example, on HL boards the right motor plugs into the middle socket on the MFU, but on Taigen and Torro tanks the left motor goes in the middle (or vice versa, that one's hard to remember). The diagrams that come with the V3 are pretty clear and show you exactly where everything is supposed to plug in. The new 6.0 system from HL is also very good, but that would require more extensive re-wiring for the gun elevation and what-not.

Another option would be to just cut your losses and get a new HL 6.0 Tiger, then later, once you have a few more tanks under your belt, you can come back to the first Tiger and do it up right. The biggest mistake I see guys make here is thinking they're only going to have one tank. Sorry, but this isn't really a hobby, it's more of an addiction and I can't think of five guys that have just one tank. A lot start out thinking that way, but before you know it that new KT or Sherman is on the way and it's all downhill from there. So here's a brand new 6.0 Tiger for just over 100 quid, I personally think that would be your best bet. The other Tiger will wait patiently until you gain the skills to give it an IBU or a Clark board.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-4Ghz-Hengl ... 2ad2427521

As for your boy playing with the same tank you did, even after all these years the tank itself is basically the same. Still has the error of having an extra antenna tube, and the cupola is still crooked. The only thing that's really changed is the electronics, and you don't want your boy to use antiquidated stuff there, anyway, right?

So welcome aboard, ask any questions you have, and before you know it your boy will be the latest Panzer Commander on the block. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Martin Hodgkins
Recruit

Post by Martin Hodgkins »

Hi Max

The mfu is in the post on its way.
The transmitter board for controller been delivered but looks old in the picture on the site looks clean and with battery wire and controller on off led. But I got none of that. I got from tankzone heng long 27mhz transmitter board.

Regards
Martin H
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Well, what's done is done, but I would have advised to stay away from both the 27 Mhz and tank Zone. If there's any way you can return the items for a refund, that would be my advice. Like I said before, I think your best bet is to just get the cheap tiger with the 6.0 and put this one on the Shelf until you're ready to do it justice.

But if you do proceed with what's already been ordered, if you can open up the tank and get some photos and post them, I'm sure things should go fairly smooth.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

That link above provides a very long delivery date! I understand another batch of HL v6 Tigers are due in the UK soon.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Introduce Yourself”