Hello from Florida

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
tarawa
Recruit

Hello from Florida

Post by tarawa »

I am not an RC guy or collector. I am a 66 year old grandfather that was given a 1/6 M5 Stuart Tank for father’s day years ago. It sat on the shelf all these years. It is time to pass it down to my little buddy (grandson). I pulled it out to make sure it works after sitting all these years and it was a little erratic. A new battery and running it seems to be smoothing it out. I panicked and bought another (as-new) remote but it seems to be another a model. The tank doesn't respond to it.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hello from Florida

Post by tankme »

The Stuart has two types of transmitters depending on when the tank was manufactured. The early ones run on FM frequency 27Mhz and there is only one channel. The other newer controller runs on FM frequency 49MHz and if I remember correctly there is an A/Off/B selector switches for the channel settings. They are not interchangeable due to being on different FM frequencies. The "Jungle Fever" ones all use the 49MHz controllers. The pic attached is the 49Mhz version showing the A/OFF/B switch locations.
487554-18.png
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, and be careful. Tinkering with one of these things can be immersive. Before you know it, you and your grandson will want one apiece; and then the hobby begins to bite. :D Merry Christmas, belatedly!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tarawa
Recruit

Post by tarawa »

tankme wrote:The Stuart has two types of transmitters depending on when the tank was manufactured. The early ones run on FM frequency 27Mhz and there is only one channel. The other newer controller runs on FM frequency 49MHz and if I remember correctly there is an A/Off/B selector switches for the channel settings. They are not interchangeable due to being on different FM frequencies. The "Jungle Fever" ones all use the 49MHz controllers. The pic attached is the 49Mhz version showing the A/OFF/B switch locations.
487554-18.png
Yes, I purchased the wrong transmitter. Maybe I can sell it on Ebay. It is brand new by the looks of it.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Ebay would be the place to recoup your money on it. When I parted out my Stuart due to a broken upper chassis I made 3 times what I paid for the tank originally. Good luck to you and your little tanker... :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”