Hello from from kent

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Trueblue1415
Recruit

Hello from from kent

Post by Trueblue1415 »

Hi to everyone,very new to 1/16 scale.Always been a Tamiya 1/35 man up to now,but have been brought a ready made second hand HL Tiger 1.Apart from metal wheels and trackseverything else is from the box.When my grandkids visit will hopefully bribe them to post some pictures as that is well above my technical knowledge.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello from from kent

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Your inability to post photographs is a matter of complete indifference to some of us on this Forum :haha:
The Heng Long Tiger 1 is almost certainly the most popular first 1/16 Tank that members buy/get given,
It has more upgrades available than any other Tank and it really is very good value for money especially when it is someone else's money.
It is very important that you understand that no matter how hard you resist you will obtain by fair means or foul more Tanks,
There are many who have resisted but almost nobody succeeds in owning just one Tank for very long So I suggest that like the actress said to the Bishop you lie back and think of England :lolno:
Enjoy your Forum. And please join in the threads that appeal to you :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Welcome mate. Kentish Man or Man of Kent? I'm Sittingbounre-based and my weapon (1:16 scale) of choice is a highly modified Challenger 2 :D
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Welcome along :)

Where abouts in Kent?
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Welcome to the forum. Tip number 1. Buy a paper shredding machine, never leave those upgrade receipts laying around because you quickly run out of excuses why you just had to buy it ! ;)
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome Trueblue1415!

Perhaps it's coincidental, but 1415 was, of course, the year when a wee English army destroyed a much larger French army, and much of the French nobility, at the Battle of Agincourt. ;)
. :D Those longbows were feared throughout Europe. Lately, I've discovered that the longest (4.7km) tank-on-tank kill was achieved by a British Challenger 1, in the First Gulf War.
The record for the longest sniper shot kill (2,707 yards) used to belong to the British Accuracy International L115AE sniper rifle. :) Maybe then you can get your Heng Long to fire further than the suggested max of 25m!
I presume it's Airsoft)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”