Metalbox 1/6 RC tank owner

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Lawrencegodson
Recruit

Metalbox 1/6 RC tank owner

Post by Lawrencegodson »

Hello to all. i have a Metalbox Panzer 2 Luchs. I replaced the wiring/electronics and it has been running great until I encountered a serious issue with the track links. They started cracking and then breaking. At first i could replace the broken links but then they started breaking more often. I am a careful "scale/realistic" operator - not a speed demon quick turner. The tank is now unusable because many more links than I have extra are broken or cracked. It would seem that Metalbox is out of business and have not answered my E mails. The only solution I see right now is the German tracks which are very expensive. Right now I have an expensive "door stop" that I have put a lot of work into. Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions? A friend has suggested that I got a set of tracks with the wrong metal mix.

Thanks for any help
Larry
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Re: Metalbox 1/6 RC tank owner

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

You are probably SOL given MetalBox is no longer in this line of business & FMP is too busy to consider custom work. That said, they'd require $750+ for tooling plus an MOQ of 10 sets to be viable.

A friend in Shanghai owns one which he built as a kit from their last production so recommend you contact him. Could be several reasons from the zamac used for the links to design or damage from pressing the link pins which he discovered early on & was lucky enough to get replacement links. He decided to assemble his track using c-clips, not hammer, as they recommended & so far hasn't had any issues. That said he's found the Luchs is best suited to grass or light off road use - its not as robust as their earlier models. Was told its consider to be their worst (as well final) release, quality wise.

I sent you a PM with his contact info. He's good with English & can get you in touch with his last contact at MB to see if any spares are available.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Re: Metalbox 1/6 RC tank owner

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Forgot to mention you'll want to check out RCU's tank forum where my buddy & others have posted several MB Luchs threads.
314f52c1_4fe8_46f0_9506_45f06a5b62ea_4bd1b6f122177976945f2312beff6eba7c59d552.jpeg

Return to “Introduce Yourself”