RC Tanks

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jimbo95
Recruit

RC Tanks

Post by jimbo95 »

Hi l am new to RC Tanks l have a 1/16 Panther G 2.4ghz upgraded board from 27hz to 2.4ghz and new controller.
I am in the process of repainting my tank l have also fitted a camera in the top of the turret so it rotates when turning the turret.

I joined this site to find out how to upgrade to a better Rc trasmitters receivers.
so l can control servo motors in my tank.
Jimbo95
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: RC Tanks

Post by General Jumbo01 »

There are a few options but if by chance you bought a recent Taigen radio/mfu combo when you upgraded to 2.4 you should have the option of using a hobby standard transmitter and receiver. If so you could try a Skyfly i6 X combo which is a real bargain 10 channel setup giving you 4 spare channels for whatever, e.g. Servos. If you mix the channels you can use the mfu sounds but mix them with servo actions, such as gun elevation movement and sound.

If you don't have a recent Taigen mfu then you could buy one from Forgebear.com. They are compatible with Taigen and Henglong tanks.

Alternately, you could invest in a 3rd party control card but IMO not so cheap or simple to fit.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Let's not confuse the poor guy, the I6 is from FlySky, not skyfly.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Let's not confuse the poor guy, the I6 is from FlySky, not skyfly.
:D Some of us have the occasional 'senior moment' now and then, Gary, KO? :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01

:{ :{ :{
Names... But l never forget a face!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
Max-U52 wrote:Let's not confuse the poor guy, the I6 is from FlySky, not skyfly.
:D Some of us have the occasional 'senior moment' now and then, Gary, KO? :lolno:
Senior moment? And here I thought it was a mild case of dyslexia. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
General Jumbo01

I beg your pudding, but l have neverer suffered from lixnesiour! >:<

Jimbo95...what 2.4 system, make and version please, has been fitted to your tank?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”