Hello from Florida the sunshine state

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Oddball1989
Recruit

Hello from Florida the sunshine state

Post by Oddball1989 »

Just wanted to say thanks for adding me to the group and look forward to the awesome tank projects i may see.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello from Florida the sunshine state

Post by jarndice »

I should love to say Welcome :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
BUT from a nation that produced Walt Whitman, Jack Benny and Donald Trump all in their own inimitable verbose way informative I am disappointed that the best we get is a one line teaser from you, or perhaps you are emulating Marion Morrison , Harpo Marx or Calvin Coolidge,
What gained your interest, Do you have any rc Armour, if you do not do you have anything in mind, Do you have any Modelling skills ( I do not mean sashaying down a catwalk ) or any knowledge of Radio Control ?
Whatever please feel free to ask all the questions you want.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome from your northern neighbor.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome from Illinois! I envy your weather in the “gunshine” state. Are you leaning towards any particular RC tank or just getting a feel for the hobby first?
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

What part? I've lived in all 3 corners, latest was JAX. Welcome from across the pond. 8)
Oddball1989
Recruit

Post by Oddball1989 »

To answer some questions first my interest in rc tanks started with a taigen tiger 1 i picked up from a local hobby shop, since then i have collected a M4A3 sherman and a M4A2 sherman im currently working on..I discovered the group looking for examples of Ludwig Porsche tigers VK4501 and found one posted by member tomhugill ive been trying to message him about it for info because im building one myself when i get my kit in 3wks..I live in the Pensacola area for Xiaoshan_Sailor that used to live here..To show some of my model skills i will post pictures as soon as i can
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome Oddball! Florida may well be the sunshine state, but these days it also an area with more giant house-swallowing, and even town-swallowing sinkholes than anywhere else. 8O
I just hope you built your tank workshop on solid ground :think: :D
Do post pics of your growing tank collection :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Oddball1989 wrote:I live in the Pensacola area for Xiaoshan_Sailor that used to live here..To show some of my model skills i will post pictures as soon as i can
Love P'cola after having lived a few years there, even got my degree at UWF. Sure do miss those sugar white beaches & McGuires! 8)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”