Just wanted to say hello from the US...

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Maybach 1961
Recruit

Just wanted to say hello from the US...

Post by Maybach 1961 »

I had purchased a HL Tiger 1 for my son last X-Mas...I've been a huge plastic model builder, built many Tiger tanks ..Panthers..as well as Star Trek, Seaview sub from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. ..all lighted w/LEDs.. but they are static models. These RC tanks, airplanes are not..I was unaware just how much accessories are available on the www. They are just so cool, like the small Tamiya Tiger models I built when young, w/ a little motor, rubber tracks. etc, the HL Tiger is the same,in 1/16th scale, which requires a little work, putty, sanding, painting, epoxy glue, soldering.. to install accessory metal hatches,machine gun, loads of fun..PLUS it functions !!!!
We have already swapped out the plastic lights that come w/ the HLT..installed new authentic metal versions,along w/ a LED firing metal machine gun. Now I'm tackling this recoil flash kit. I purchased one from dePanzer, Germany. Great customer service. They sent me a picture tutorial that I'll post. Hopefully I can get a little help if I get stuck w/ the install.
This forum appears to be the best one on the www for RC tank specific enthusiasts..
Thank you for accepting me into the group.!
JEFF
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Just wanted to say hello from the US...

Post by Jimster »

Welcome from the southern tip of Illinois! Tiger 1 was my first RCT tank and the barrel recoil and flash really enhance the play value.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Just wanted to say hello from the US...

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hi Jeff and welcome on board. Many members here used their kids as an excuse to kick start a new or stalled hobby, after all, it's usually the arrival of kids that stalled our hobbies. So, great excuse to have fun again ;)

Not sure how you plan to fit the HL recoil / flash barrel unit but it is designed to work with the new V6 control unit which your year old Tiger won't have unless you are planing to use a custom method. If you have found a workaround for this l'd be interested to know.

Enjoy the forum.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Introduce Yourself”