Hello from the grim North (of the UK)

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Jimmic
Recruit

Hello from the grim North (of the UK)

Post by Jimmic »

Hi- long time lurker here but only just registered to this fantastic site. I've loved looking at the 1/16 scale builds and I'm tempted in this direction but my main interest is 1/6 scale stuff- usual Tigers etc. Always thought it a pity that manufacturers concentrate on the German vehicles, not too much Allied models around in this scale but I guess that's what sells! I can't contribute much on 1/16 but hope to provide help where I can on the larger scale bits.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hello from the grim North (of the UK)

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along, where oop north are you, there’s a few of us lurking in the woods up here lol
If you can, come the the Blackpool model show this weekend, there’s a good turnout with a few 1/6 scale goodies you won’t have seen before.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jimmic
Recruit

Post by Jimmic »

Hi Wayne- I'm in Lancashire. Unfortunately the Blackpool show clashes with a couple of car events I attend this weekend so its probably a no go for me.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

There’s quite a few in good old Lancashire, Hyde tank club is the first Sunday of every month if you get a chance
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome from much further up North (and not so grim), Jimmic! Your lurking days are over now :D Time to come out of the big boys' toys closet :lolno: :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi JM, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I don't know if it is still out there but there used to be a 1/6 scale Forum but it has been years since I visited it,
Up North eh,
I am not sure us southerners are allowed further North than Birmingham :haha:
I don't think I would like six months darkness and most of the year trudging through snow and the rest of the year surrounded by fog,
The biggest problem down here is keeping the jackel's out of the dustbins and the almost non stop sunshine.
Still we all have our cross to bear, :lolno:
Enjoy the Forum.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Jimmic :wave:

I don't know, join up to share our hobby, then drop us in an instant for a car show. . . .

Anyway, enjoy the forum, and please do share pictures of whatever scale military models you have.
Mick.
jarndice wrote:The biggest problem down here is keeping the jackel's out of the dustbins.
You have some weird neighbours Shaun. . . . Is that Mr and Mrs jackel or their kids?
Luckily we don't have jackals in England.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimmic
Recruit

Post by Jimmic »

Many thanks for the welcomes!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”