Norfolk Newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Boots
Recruit

Norfolk Newbie

Post by Boots »

Hello all, Joe from Norfolk UK here.
I have been sifting through the site on a wet Sunday and what a wealth of information it is!
Now looking at buying my first RC Tank and am leaning towards a Taigen Tiger1 unless an alternate bargain pops up. No previous experience so advice welcome.
My son (9) and I have been building some static models the last year or 2 and have recently built a RC Tamiya lunchbox that I always wanted as a kid! We both have an interest in military vehicles so an RC tank seems like the next natural step in playing the big kid!
JD_Skyline
Recruit

Re: Norfolk Newbie

Post by JD_Skyline »

Hi there Joe...welcome
Like you a new member on this forum... will it be a Tamiya Tiger or Heng Long?
We will learn a lot about RC tanks..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

He said Taigen, a good choice. If so, Dave at Forgebear is the importer and is a member here - check him out first.

Are you a million miles from the Muckleburgh Collection?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Joe, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
There are some "Dodgy" dealers out there who want your money but have little interest in "Service",
Two official Taigen Dealers that I would recommend unreservedly are Dom in Germany at www.rctank.de/
and Dave in the UK at www.forgebeartanks.com
Both of these dealers will give you a great deal.
I hope you enjoy this Forum and please do ask all the questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A Taigen Tiger 1 is always a good introduction to the hobby. That's because tinkering seems to emerge, and evolve, naturally with the hobby. When tarting tanks up, the Tiger is rich in potential aftermarket goodies- more so than other models, and therefore a good choice :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Welcome, I'm sure I posted in here yesterday.....

Tiger's also have the advantage of loads of internal space. Given you'll almost certainly get another another one there's the King Tiger too..... ;) Depending on where you are, you may get asked for pics (if near one of the museums) and there's a meet in Grantham, first Sunday of the month. Children of all ages welcome. There's a link to the Facebook page from Forgebear tanks website: he also attends more often than not so you can look at stuff (to buy) or see what everyone else has done.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Joe :wave:

Good choice of first make of tank :thumbup:

You have a son to play with, hmm, looks like you'll have to save your pennies for a second tank then :D
The Taigen T34 can be a rather good runner should you desire an enemy for the Tiger 1 to battle ;)

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

And if IR you can shoot each other too. Then you'll want a "project" so the others aren't out of action while you tinker......
Boots
Recruit

Post by Boots »

JD_Skyline wrote:Hi there Joe...welcome
Like you a new member on this forum... will it be a Tamiya Tiger or Heng Long?
We will learn a lot about RC tanks..ImageImageImage

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk
I think it'll be the Taigen, the Tamiyas are out of budget and I've read some not so great things about the Heng Longs.
Don't want to spend a fortune but also don't want to make a cheap purchase and regret it. What do you think you'll go for?
Boots
Recruit

Post by Boots »

General Jumbo01 wrote:He said Taigen, a good choice. If so, Dave at Forgebear is the importer and is a member here - check him out first.

Are you a million miles from the Muckleburgh Collection?

Thank you I've had a look at Forgbear, RCtank.de and Heng Long Panzer so far, all seem to have a good rep!

I'm in Cromer so a very short drive to Muckleburgh for me, I was lucky enough to drive their FV430 last year as a gift, they wouldn't let me take it home unfortunately.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”